It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinus pressure and headaches after surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
    ltlbit
    (female)

ltlbit HB User
    Unhappy sinus pressure and headaches after surgery

I had sinus surgery Jan 9th. Everything was going great. I had very little pain after the surgery and felt on top of the world because I had no pain.
    In the last couple of days I have started having what feels like a sinus infection again. The pressure, the pain in my cheeks, pain behind my eyes, pain in the jaw and severe headaches. I saw my ENT today. He said that I am healing good and see's no sign of infection. He is going to start me on a nasal antibiotic just in case. The reason for the nasal antibiotic is because I have been on antibiotics for so long that my poor stomach is taking a slam.
    Has anyone ever had this happen. I feel just the same as before the surgery and this stinks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
    ltlbit
    (female)

ltlbit HB User
    Re: sinus pressure and headaches after surgery

Thanks for your concern. I have tried the sinus aerosolized antibiotic. Nothing so far has worked.
    I did end up with infection in root a canal that was done a year ago. Same side if my face. I believe this infection is just spreading everywhere. My worst trouble is the headaches. Some days I just sit and cry becuase the pain is so intense.
    Last Friday I had a MRI done and they found an accute infection in my left sinus cavities! I am so confused. My pain is all over the right side, but the infection on the left. Let alone it is so soon after the surgery.
    My GP put me on 1000mg of Biaxin. I am on my second day and am feeling a little better. I dont get excited about this tough because it has happened before, when I thought I was better and once again got sick.
    I just wish a miracle would happen. My husband and I are about to go broke. We are self employed and I bring in half the income. I havent been able to work for a while.
    Sorry for venting and babaling.
    Debi:

Closed Thread