It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• rocephin to augmentin for ears/sinus????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
    otksaunt
    (female)

otksaunt HB User
    rocephin to augmentin for ears/sinus????

Hi there. My 10-month-old daughter has had an ear infection and cold for a few months (off and on). The ear infection got to the point where the doc had to resort to shots of rocephin in the thighs. This helped, but now her cold has developed into a sinus infection this week. Now the doc has her on augmentin for the sinus infection, but she had her last shot of rocephin just a week ago. I am confused--I didn't think augmentin would do much good now that she had to have rocephin, which is more powerful. Anyone have any insight on antibiotics like this ????

Thanks!
    Shan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    dizziness, pressure, ringing in ears sue003 Inner Ear Disorders 6 03-31-2009 04:53 PM
    Rocephin and cognitive/psychiatric symptoms NJLyme Lyme Disease 3 08-24-2008 10:22 AM
    Did you take IV Rocephin? I would love your input! tickbattler Lyme Disease 10 04-09-2008 06:26 AM
    New to board - questions on IV Rocephin effects - Herxheimer's lm123 Lyme Disease 3 07-21-2007 08:58 PM
    Sinus sufferers- alternative to Augmentin XR? Blondee15 Sinus Problems 3 02-01-2006 08:41 PM
    Have pressure in ears & pains in arms is it sinuses? sks2932 Sinus Problems 0 10-12-2005 04:46 PM
    Sore throat while on augmentin va_girl64 Allergies 4 08-19-2005 06:28 AM
    Augmentin for acne gigi38 Acne 9 02-10-2004 05:42 PM