It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Horrible sinus infection and bronchitis. How long before it improves??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
    eah4me
    (female)

eah4me HB User
    Horrible sinus infection and bronchitis. How long before it improves??

I was placed on Biaxin XL and a medrol pack by my doctor last Wednesday when he diagnosed me with a severe sinus infection and bronchitis (ruled out pneumonia by chest x-ray). Ever since starting medications I have been blowing out tons of nasty green snot and coughing up green stuff. I spiked a fever three times since starting antibiotics and went back in today as I don't seem to be getting that much better. He prescribed a stronger dose of steroids and added an inhaler to the regimen. If I'm not better by the end of my antibiotics in five days I have to have another chest x-ray and labs done. I've never in my life been sick like this. Is it normal for this to be taking so long to clear up? It's kinda scaring me that despite all the antibiotics I'm still having fevers and so much nasty greeness. Anyone with experience with this or advice? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
    itburns2004
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
    Re: Horrible sinus infection and bronchitis. How long before it improves??

I would love to know if u live in ny. My daughter and i are sick as dogs!!! There is something really bad going around..and obviously contagious. Fevers, sweats, constanjt coughing...day after day...ugh i at the praying stage

Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
    eah4me
    (female)

eah4me HB User

I'm not in NY, but it sounds like you have the same thing. There are so many sick people around right now it is insane. All three of my girls are sick too, although I seem to be the worst. I feel your pain. Here's to hoping we all get better soon!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

it's the same here in SC.. lots of people with something similar. It probably is stubborn and the first antibiotics didn't touch it. I hope the second round works for you!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
    Coconuts
    (female)

Coconuts HB User

When I had bronchitis awhile back and a strong cold a few weeks ago, I made sure 100x's more water than usual and took the over-the-counter drug, Mucinex. Both will make your phlegm thinner and it'll be much easier to blow out your nose and cough up/spit out. It also helps to keep a pack of tissue on you at all times, so you can excrete any and all of the mucous you need to, whenever/wherever.

Last edited by Coconuts; 03-08-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Closed Thread