It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• had my operation to open sinuses

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
    fletcher1985
    (male)

fletcher1985 HB User
    had my operation to open sinuses

well i had my operation yesterday to open my sinuses as they were both near enough closed she made the opening a lot bigger,i waited 6 hours for the operation as i was 4th on the list i had my op at 1pm and was awake about 3.30pm, my nose was packed and bleeding a little they took the pack out and i kept getting little nose bleeds i nearly had to stay in for the night but thankfully they let me go home, the nose bleeds have now stopped but i am getting a clear drip. im not in any pain just a headache, and saw lips as i cant breath through my nose. i just hope this finally sorts out my problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
    Kelly0514
    (female)

Kelly0514 HB User
    Re: had my operation to open sinuses

Hi. Thank you for the posting. I did a posting yesterday regarding a surgery I have coming up. What did they do to open your sinuses? Was it from a deviated septum? Did they have to break your nose? I'm having surgery to repair the deviated septum and conchobulosa (CB?) and am terrified. The stories I have read so far have not calmed my fears. I'm glad to hear you're doing well, so far!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
    fletcher1985
    (male)

fletcher1985 HB User

Quote:
    Hi. Thank you for the posting. I did a posting yesterday regarding a surgery I have coming up. What did they do to open your sinuses? Was it from a deviated septum? Did they have to break your nose? I'm having surgery to repair the deviated septum and conchobulosa (CB?) and am terrified. The stories I have read so far have not calmed my fears. I'm glad to hear you're doing well, so far!
    hi kelly, well im guessing the just tore it away the surgen did come around after the operation but i had only just woken up so i didnt catch everything, i might have to have another operation to straighten my septum at a later date. they did not have to break my nose. yours is a little different to mine but the only 2 things that are anoying me are was last night having a constant nose bleed and today having a clear drip with a headache that wont go, other then that im in no pain unless i sniff without thinking, i have been signed off work for 2 weeks. im sure someone on here will be able to give you some more advice, but dont worry about it, i will be glad to be able to breath again through my nose.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
    nokie
    (female)

nokie HB User

Thanks for your post. I have to have a sinus operation because three drainage areas are blocked.

Can anyone recommend an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor they had good experiences with in Toronto?

Last edited by nokie; 03-18-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Closed Thread