It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus pain without congestion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
    jodycookie
    (female)

jodycookie HB User
    Sinus pain without congestion

I'm new to this board and have been reading posts on this subject...hope someone can relate to my story. Wish I could just get rid of the pain, or at least know what it is from...

I'm 30, have had allergies for 10 + years, been on Flonase and Claritin for about 5 years. I discontinue Flonase in the winter, and used to do the same with Claritin, but I can't stop Claritin anymore in winter.

So, just this March, starting the first warm spell we got where it was above freezing, I started having face pain. It is bridge of nose, above eyes, under eyes/cheekbones, in front of ears, then under ears all along jawline. Finally went to ENT after seeing my GP. CT showed slight deviated septum, treated me with steroid and antibiotic (can't remember which one). Those didn't seem to help. Allergy tests showed trees, grass, mold (all low - moderate).
    dr. is advising allergy immunotherapy shots.

What I am struggling with is the possibility that this could be from something else! I do have TMJD, but that is controlled well by regular adjustments from my chiropractor. I was also wondering about gluten sensitivity - could food allergies cause that much face pain? My food allergy test was "Negative", but it was only testing for immediate allergies, not delayed reaction.

The pain does seem worse when I go to work...which is at a veterinary clinic. I also tested positive for cat allergy (low) this time, but I worry about all the cleaning products, etc. at work too.

I am leaning toward just going ahead and starting the allergy shot therapy - any thoughts? It is going to be expensive, so I am reluctant unless I can know for sure that the face pain is from it!

Doctor is saying everyone's allergies are worse this year, as the city I live in had huge floods last spring and mold is high...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    Re: Sinus pain without congestion

Please do me a favor and get yourself in the hands of a GOOD allergist because you have all the signs of allergies. If you need the injections, it is VERY wise to start them. I had a dr. take me off my shots after many years because he said I had been misdiagnosed by my former allergist and I have been miserable for two and a half years. I couldn't think straight, my balance was off and my energy level was VERY low and I was born with tons of energy. The problems you are experiencing in your office could be due to the chemicals and also the perfume. Those things are poison to me. If you need the injections, you will be saving your life. Hope this has been of some help. Please keep me posted.

Closed Thread