It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• need help PLEASE.Sinusitus? or?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
    kevinstj007
    (male)

kevinstj007 HB User
    Cool need help PLEASE.Sinusitus? or?

hi there.My first post.My name is Kevin,36 year old male.I do not drink smoke or do drugs.Otherwise healthy male.

For the last 5 days I have been getting more dizzy and "spaced out". My head hurts (pressure) eyes hurt-feel tired and achy,full of pressure as well as my ears. I also have some nausea with NO throwing up-I think it might be a bad bout of Sinisitus? I go for an XRAY Saturday.

I am on Cipro for Prostititus and just started Cefpozil 500 mg 2 times per day for 10 days. My sinuses are very dry and I feel pressure all over my face. Very dizzy.Headaches sometimes but not all the time. I missed work again today.

It started with ears feeling pressure and hurting with a sense of fullness. It spread to my face and nose and eyes. 5 days now..getting worse. I feel stoned. I have had Sinus infections before but not this bad with so much dizziness/pressure etc..

Thing is I have post nasal drip and almost NO MUCOUS from my nose as it is very dry. I even tried to use the nasal spay Nasonex and that is not doing anything. Even the SINU-CLEANSE 3 TIMES YESTERDAY did not do anything.

I am drinking a lot of water, resting etc.. nothing is helping yet.

I thought with a sinus infection you get more headaches and a lot of nasal discharge of various colors?

I hope this is only a sinus infection? Dr. said ears were clear/good. Blood pressure good and blood work normal. But I am very diizy-spaced out with pressure in my head/eyes/nose/face etc...

ANY IDEAS? Thanks and God Bless! Kevin.

Last edited by kevinstj007; 07-03-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: need help PLEASE.Sinusitus? or?

Hello Kevin! Welcome to the boards!! I hope you are feeling better today. I just wanted to reassure you that it's probably nothing serious. I have had the same thing to the tee for the past week. I feel pretty rotten today. Sinus pressure, headache, dizzy and nauseated. Probably from some drainage into my stomach. I am not getting anything to blow out. Sometimes I have had infections that are packed up in there. I am wondering if that is what I have going on right now. I don't want to just take antibiotics if it is only allergies without infection. I have a bad taste in my mouth. Do you?? Usually that means infection I think.
    I am doing my neti pot rinse with the saline solution. I don't know if you are doing that, but that may help. If mine is not better by Monday I am going into the doctor.

Hang in there! Take some sudefed to help open you up. And a tylenol or something. Let us know how you are.

Last edited by TEdds83; 07-04-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Welcome Kevin

i totall agree with Tedds83 using the Neti Pot.

It's amazing results clearing out the ole nasal.
    Neti pot comes with a solution you mix with warm water and you can also get more solution sold seperately.

If you have not tried this yet, this is an excellant suggestion

Be Well
    BeHappy2

Old 07-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
    kevinstj007
    (male)

kevinstj007 HB User

hi guys! thanks for the detailed replies! I am using that Sinu-Cleanse 2 to 3 times a day.Just started 3 days ago.Helps a bit.

Still VERY DIZZY,FOGGY,SPACEY-I feel like I am stoned! I hate the feeling.I am on Cefprozil for an antibiotic and taking Sudafed Sinus Advance as always.

So you 2 have similar dizziness/spacey feelings in your head,nose and ears..eyes too- like more blurred vision than usual? God Bless! Kevin.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #5
    kevinstj007
    (male)

kevinstj007 HB User

no,not too bad of a taste in my mouth.Some tooth and jaw pain and mostly dizzy with nausea and lots of post nasal drip too.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
    ravadelia
    (female)

ravadelia HB User

Having had the exact symptoms for over a month I finally saw a Dr. today. I did not have any sinus drainage,but had severe headaches,dizziness,fogginess & facial pressure.

. Diagnosis : sinus infection/allergic rhinitis. She prescribed an antibiotic (Amoxicillin)& an antihistamine (Mecline) for nightime. Also gave me a sample of Nasonex to use once daily.
    I had been using a Netti pot & she said to continue doing so.

Last edited by ravadelia; 07-11-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
    kevinstj007
    (male)

kevinstj007 HB User

i think i have the eustachian tubes blocked. no ear wax at all..period, very dry dry sinuses. no gunk, no green, no yellow- only clear mucous but very very little from my nose. on cefprozil 500 mg and otrivin nasal spray. Not a lot better yet- been on pills 7 days...8 now.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:04 AM   #8
    kevinstj007
    (male)

kevinstj007 HB User

Bump, no improvement even with advil, daily neti pot twice a day, steam,nasonex etc etc..

Old 08-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
    rajk
    (male)

rajk HB User

Hi Kevin, I have similar issues, please let me know if you have found a solution and are feeling better?

Closed Thread