It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Allergy/Sinus?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
    Essica
    (female)

Essica HB User
    Allergy/Sinus?

I have had mild chronic sinusitis in the past. A scan in September showed mild to moderate sinusitis which my GP said was pretty normal, most of us aparently have it. Then 2 months ago I had a scan again and the outcome was 'no significant abnormalities' which I guess means i am ok now? my GP said it did say there was an improvement from the previous scan.

I started 3 weeks ago with a feeling of fluid in my ear, saw GP who said the noise was from infront of my ear when I chew so it is TMJ related. Since then though I have other problems. I am suffering from a thickness in my throat, always having to clear my voice which makes it abit croaky and blocked nostrils, which keeps changing sides. One minute my left is blocked up, then its my right. My right nostril feels all blocked up tonight

Could this be an allergy? ENT and GP always say as it jumps sides its not sinusitis and I would have a fever and green snot from my nose if it were infected. I don't have anything like that, I just keep getting the nostrils blocking up and a thick throat. I don't have a cold or anything and when I rinse my nostrils nothing comes out in the solution.

Me being me I am worrying about it all. I use the steroid spray that I have been taking for months, but Im paranoid its sinusitis issues all over again but I get nowhere with GP or ENT, they both just send me away saying as ive no fever or green from my nose and ive had scans I shouldn't worry, but why am I suffering like this? ENT said last year it was probably allergy related but I have no idea what too.

Surely the nose blocking up isn't an allergy symptom? wouldn't it be coughing, wheezing, itching, watery eyes and sneezing?

I have dogs, one being a new puppy that we got very recently.

Any help appreciated as I don't want my meningitis and sinusitis fear to take over me again feeling rather fed up of this. I was fine on holiday in Spain 3 weeks ago and now this has all come on me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
    painter207
    (female)

painter207 HB User
    Re: Allergy/Sinus?

Have you considered acid reflux? I never had heartburn so to speak. My stuffed nostrils started the same way....hard to breath and thick throat that started to hurt after awhile.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
    Essica
    (female)

Essica HB User
    Re: Allergy/Sinus?

Hi,

its never been mentioned to me by gp or ent.

Ive always suffered from acidy stomach but never had blocked nostrils from it before.

When im in bed it draina from nostril to nosrril. Had that as a child.???

Closed Thread