It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Dry Eyes (blocked oil gland) and Sinus Pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
    peanut3
    (female)

peanut3 HB User
    Dry Eyes (blocked oil gland) and Sinus Pressure

Hi, I've had severe dry eyes for almost a year now. My eyes are so dry and irritated that I cannot wear contacts. The second I wake up in the morning, I can barely open my eyes. I need to put drops in it. I've been to an eye doctor and he said my oil glands are blocked. I've been put on several prescriptions but nothing has worked. During my eye issues, I've also had an ongoing sinus infection. I have severe pressure in my nose. Some days it's too painful to blow my nose. My eyes and nose just feel swollen. I've been on 2 different antibiotics for this and nothing has changed. Are the two related? What is it and what can I do to fix it? Any kind of feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
    Re: Dry Eyes (blocked oil gland) and Sinus Pressure

peanut: I have dry eyes too. I found out that mine are caused by estrogen dominance. How old are you? Are you in perimenopause? If you're not at that stage yet then why can't the doctor clear your glands? You also need to keep your house moist in the winter with a humidifier and be careful of situations that could make the eyes drier, like car vents, cigarettes, and even caffeine.

I would suggest that you see an ear, nose and throat doctor. I had a deviated septum for years and finally had to have it operated on in 2006 because my nose was constantly blocked. If you've got problems with your nose, it could be adding to the eye problem. They're closely related. It's not going to get better until you get things cleared out.

Do you live in a dry climate? That could be a problem too. And carpets in the house are a problem for dry eyes. Take Care.

Closed Thread