It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus congestion/Panic/Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2003, 03:12 AM   #1
    ahope4u

ahope4u HB User
    Post Sinus congestion/Panic/Anxiety

I have been suffering with anxiety/panic for at least 10-15 years. Besides the average symptons of anxiety/panic, I have severe sinus problems. I've had to surgeries to relieve a blockage. I don't suffer with the intense headaches any longer although I do get pressure on my forehead and above my eyes. My problem is congestion!! When I wake up in the mornings, it's pure hell. I seem to acquire so much mucus while I'm sleeping. Upon awakening I feel like I'm smothering. I get the pressure not only in my forehead but in my chest also. Weakness, anxiety that often leads into a full blown panic attack. When barometric pressure drops(especially when it's going to rain), I feel so much pressure in my head and chest. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind when this happens. So far, the only thing that gives me a bit of relief is Afrin pump spray. It helps with the swelling and allows my sinus' to drain.

I've tried to use Paxil but because of its drying effects it just causes more anxiety and panic for me. Xanax is the only thing getting me through these episodes. A low dosage but I'm afraid I will become dependent and the low dosage is barely taking the edge off. I don't want to increase it. I feel if I get my sinus condition under control then I will be able to get my anxiety/panic disorder in check without medication.

Does anyone have this problem? And if so, a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2003, 05:11 AM   #2
    Graciecat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
    I have terrible sinus and allergy problems and I to suffered from terrible congestion.
    I can't take any kind of medication for the sinus problems because they make me shakey and my heart beats out of my chest...Doctor said that can be a side effect of those kinds of medication.
    He suggested I buy a humidifier to put some moisture into the air.
    It's worked wonders for me.

Closed Thread