It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Acid reflux and anxiety? Sinus and throat issues.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #16
    SureBett
    Inactive
    (female)

SureBett HB User
    Re: Acid reflux and anxiety? Sinus and throat issues.

Tedd, not sure if you are still following this thread, but I thought I would respond...in case someone else might be having the same problem..

I am new here and been reading a little trying to get some info on reflux...as this came up 2 weeks ago as why I am having so many throat tightening/asthma problems...

I was a little surprised that I have not seen the term VCD (vocal cord dysfunction) which is a very real condition according to my pulmonologist...he gave me the paperwork describing this problem and thought that I could possibly be dealing with this based on my symptoms, which sound a lot like yours...

It is essentially where your vocal cords close up on you...from irritation that could be related to of all things reflux...he said that people are supposed to have open vocal cords but in some people they will close...I had no idea how important keeping vocal cords open were to breathing..but it is..

I have had sinus/allergy symptoms to go along with it....and just took a asthma test last week that showed I had a mild twitching of the lungs when irritated..

My view is that I have several things going on....did the reflux create it all? or did allergies? that is the question for me...but when people think that your throat is closing because of anxiety, it is a very easy answer for them..

I also have been taking Armour thyroid in the last 6 weeks, and this problem has actually gotten worse since I started taking it....but don't want to go off till I talk to my doctor...I am also on estradiol for HRT related issues....

I do know that estrogen depletion or too much can give major anxiety as well...

Just wanted to comment on the VCD issue as it may pertain to some on here....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #17
    gigi11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

OMG! I got this horrible cold about a week ago and still fighting it. It made my acid reflux worse and caused a sinus infection so I had to go to the doctors on monday to get antibiotics. I have no gallbladder but the acid went right into my chest like fire and I am on Zantac twice a day. The burning get worse right after I eat. My stomach is weak as it is with no gallbladder so it triggered stomach aches with lots of belching. I felt like I was dying.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #18
    kurt0
    (male)

kurt0 HB User

Hey totallly relax. First off. Relax. 1 more time. relax. Everything you said goes hand in hand with acid relfex. All you have to do is cure that. Cure the acid reflex. Eat a spicey meal i bet you will get anxiety attack. So its acid reflex. your not going crazy. theres nothing wrong with u. k? and this isnt BS. look it up. anyways for the acid reflex use apple cider vineegar. look it up. NOTTTTTT VINEGAR! apple <---- cider vinegar. organic is the best kind. ok?! send me an inbox or something if you want more help.and before i go get some meds for the GERD too. (acid reflex) they do help.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #19
    caring12
    (female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User

My daughter had a septated gallbladder and reflux and i holding off taking it off because of hte side affects you still make bile and acid by a part that held the gallbladder and your acid is in your stomache. drink water eat some bread and the apple vinegar thing works. it helps actually eat the protective layer of your tummy away to help absorb things better. i did some medical research this. sounds odd but it works.

i agree on the relax part. gotta relax and if you feel gassy get up and walk around. it can help pass and break up the gas in the gi tract.

Closed Thread