It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Node Re-Entry Tachycardia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
    mjpd
    (female)

mjpd HB User
    Question Sinus Node Re-Entry Tachycardia

I have Sinus Node Re-Entry Tachycardia, please clearly explain this to me in layman's terms. Secondly, could the fact that I am anorexic be the cause of this? Is this life threatening? I was diagnosed in 2007 and I was on Coralan 7.5mg twice daily. I have now resumed going to the gym every week day, and doing mild exercise on the weekend. I have not been to the cardiologist since. Can the anorexia escalate the condition? Would I remain on meds for life? If it is optional to have the catheter ablation as I have read online, would it make the rectify the condition entirely? Another thing, what are the causes of anorexia to the heart. I do use a polar heart rate monitor at the gym. I exercise with determination, drive and endurance. I do a lot of cardio workout - treadmill, rowing, spinning and floating stairs. I do core exercises, weight and skipping at home. I use to exercise 3 hours a day and have been forced to reduce it to one hour per day with great difficulty to commit to. I am underweight for my height, weight and age. Sometimes, I wonder if my heart would just stop! and that scares me but also drives me to know I can push myself - stupid and dangerous I know. I am a high risk taker.....

I have episodes of SVT and this also happens when I am asleep. This has been monitored twice with the use of a halter monitor. My sodium level is 129 and I was informed by my GP that this is high ????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
    mjpd
    (female)

mjpd HB User
    Unhappy Re: Sinus Node Re-Entry Tachycardia

Please can someone help me with my questions?

I would sincerely appreciate some support and advice.....

I am stuck!

Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
    lltomich
    (female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
    Re: Sinus Node Re-Entry Tachycardia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjpd View Post
    I have Sinus Node Re-Entry Tachycardia, please clearly explain this to me in layman's terms. Secondly, could the fact that I am anorexic be the cause of this? Is this life threatening? I was diagnosed in 2007 and I was on Coralan 7.5mg twice daily. I have now resumed going to the gym every week day, and doing mild exercise on the weekend. I have not been to the cardiologist since. Can the anorexia escalate the condition? Would I remain on meds for life? If it is optional to have the catheter ablation as I have read online, would it make the rectify the condition entirely? Another thing, what are the causes of anorexia to the heart. I do use a polar heart rate monitor at the gym. I exercise with determination, drive and endurance. I do a lot of cardio workout - treadmill, rowing, spinning and floating stairs. I do core exercises, weight and skipping at home. I use to exercise 3 hours a day and have been forced to reduce it to one hour per day with great difficulty to commit to. I am underweight for my height, weight and age. Sometimes, I wonder if my heart would just stop! and that scares me but also drives me to know I can push myself - stupid and dangerous I know. I am a high risk taker.....

I have episodes of SVT and this also happens when I am asleep. This has been monitored twice with the use of a halter monitor. My sodium level is 129 and I was informed by my GP that this is high ????

Hi,

I had AVNRT which is very similiar to what you have. Mine is congenital and yours may be as well. I was overweight you are underweight, weight doesn't cause this problem. Personally, I would get an ablation which will cure your problem forever. I had one the end of February and that ended my SVT's. Now I can workout 2 hours a day no problem. See an electrophysiologist. 2 1/2 hours of surgery and I feel great. Sodium levels and other stuff will not make a difference in treatment. The only cure is an ablation. Drug therapy can be dangerous in my opinion a cure/ablation is the way to go. I ended up having ventricular tachycardia from medicine and that could have killed me (fortunately I was in the ER at the time so they handled the problem). I used to think if I watched my weight, stayed in during allergy season, watched my electrolytes, did all kinds of things I could control this problem. Wrong. The only thing that works is drugs (which can be dangerous and not a total cure) or ablation. That's it. I should have gotten the ablation sooner. 2 1/2 hours and I'm as normal as the next person. Don't suffer needlessly. Best Wishes.

Closed Thread