It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Frontal headache

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User
    Frontal headache

I have had a ache across my forehead for months, i wake up with it every day - its not bad but its just There. And it feels like it is pressing down on my eyes making me feel tired. I dont know if it is from my sinuses though, i dont have any facial pain or blocked nose. When i push on my eybrows sometimes it hurts.
    I did have a nasty cold/cough/flu type thing in June which dragged on and on and i never got treated so wondering it is from that. ?? sick of feeling so tired and not 100%

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
    juliajelly19
    (female)

juliajelly19 HB User
    Re: Frontal headache

Znky, I have the same thing!

Except along with the frontal headache, I do have some facial pain in the mornings, along my jaws and radiating out to my ears (which I think might be due to TMJ, and grinding my teeth at night) plus stiff neck and back (from sleeping funny and probably from stress too).

Do you have any other symptoms, like drainage after you've been standing for awhile? Have you taken anything which helps? It could be that the bug you got awhile back has just settled into your head and is taking a long time to heal and drain out. This is the latest theory that has been suggested to me, by an allergist. If you've got lots of mucus and it's green, then it is most likely an infection. But if not...then you are in the same boat as me! The mysterious "non-sinus infection" disease! Painful, long-lasting and frustrating. Bleh.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User

Hey, the funny thing is i have no blocked nose or mucus. And only recently have i got a sore jaw and realised it could be im grinding my teeth at night. I knowI used to sort of suck my tounge up to the top of my mouth as i went to sleep ha, but yes i am now thinking it is my jaw thats the problem, its sore when i press on it from near my ears, its only the upper jaw not lower. i tried sinus pain relief and it didnt help at all.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
    juliajelly19
    (female)

juliajelly19 HB User

You know, it could be that your symptoms are just due to plain old TMJD. I think it sounds pretty classic to me, from what I have read. In fact, it makes more sense to me than the weird constellation of TMJ/sinus symptoms I have been experiencing. I just can't sort out which is which, and if one caused the other, or what! I am going to the dentist this week, and really hoping for some answers and something to help the pain, stop the clenching, and get better. Have you seen a doctor or a dentist about all of this? If you had a bad bug and did have sinus pressure, I am told that this could trigger your TMJ symptoms, so that could be why it is acting up now. Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User

No havent been to doctor or dentist, i am not sure how they can help if im just grinding my teeth unconcously! My teeth seem ok, not worn down or anything, they could give me a guard but thats only going to protect my teeth not stop my jaw grinding isnt it. weird that ive onlly just started doing it!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
    juliajelly19
    (female)

juliajelly19 HB User

I know! It's just started recently for me, too, and I really do think it is related to the sinus issues. I saw the dentist today, and she told me to buy one of those OTC mouthgards, but I do not have high hopes for that, since I have heard they don't do much. The TMJD sufferers I have spoken with told me that they experienced the most relief after they got a splint, which is unfortunate news, since they cost an arm and a leg and aren't covered by most insurances! The dentist also told me that I have a wisdom tooth coming in that is causing an alignment issue and making the TMJD worse, so now I have to get that removed...I also saw a chiropractor this evening, and I will tell you that the adjustments he made gave me some immediate relief. I know it is expensive, but if you can find a good one, it might be worth it. Meanwhile, hang in there, and know that we're in this together!

Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
    ohantonio
    (male)

ohantonio HB User

Sounds like you have a blocked sinus infection. I had the same thing twice in the past year, the only symptom was a frontal headache that would not go away. My doc put me on a high dose of Amoxicillin for 10 days and that seemed to do the trick.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
    tmrots
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

When I have the frontal pain, it is always from my sinuses. I do have tmjd, but that bugs my cheeks, ears, and jaw, not the front of my head. I hope you feel better.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #9
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User

Oh ok thanks that is useful. I wonder if ive done any damage from leaving it so long??? 5 months or so since i first came down with it! It took me so long to realise that thats what it could be.. can it affect your brain?? Cos i have felt a bit hazy and like my thought processes are slow at times, cant find the words.. uhhh

Old 01-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
    tmrots
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I am sure you are fine, well, not feeling fine, but no permanent damage. It has to be really really bad for that and you would know. The hazy feeling is from the blocked sinuses. Try a neti pot that helps.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
    juliajelly19
    (female)

juliajelly19 HB User

Wondering how you are sleeping too...it could very well just be the sinus headache, that's true. I recommend seeing a doctor for a CT scan that would tell you for sure if that's what is going on. Or you could try the antibiotics first and see if that helps. But I understand that sleeping issues (like sleep apnea) can also cause TMJD and headaches in the morning, and fogginess, etc. If you've got no pain in your jaw and no popping, though, it could very well just be the sinuses. Keep us posted!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 AM   #12
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User

I seem to be sleeping okay. I have a cold at the moment, had it since wednesday and it was only mild but worse today when i woke up, got a pulse in my head and that tight grip across my forehead. I was going to go to the doctor re: the antibiotics for sinusitus but wondering if its ok to go while i have a cold? would it be harder for the doc to determine if it is sinusitis they should be treating?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #13
    juliajelly19
    (female)

juliajelly19 HB User

That's so funny...I struggled with the same thing. I went to the doctor to see about the sinus problems I'd been having for months, and woke up with a nasty cold and sore throat that morning (of course the cold went away in a few days but the sinus pain didn't). I opted not to really mention the other symptoms, but it's up to you whether or not you think that's the best thing to do. If you really feel like the cold is unrelated, you may choose not to mention it, or you may just say that the cold has been only for a short time, but the sinus pain has persisted for x amount of months. The CT scan is really the best way to know if you've got an infection up there. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #14
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User

ok thanks, im going to make an apptment for two days time. its definitly a worse 'ache' across my forehead cos ive got a cold but its been there for so many months i think its about time i got it checked out. CT scan sounds so serious!! Ill see what they suggest, im happy to try antibiotics for a start.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #15
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User

I went to the doctor and she gave me a steroid nasal spray. Said it had been going on too long for antibiotics to work. I dont think this spray will work to be honest, and im not entirely sure its even sinusitus ive got! Will see if anything improves in two weeks if not a scan may have to be done.
    dont feel like ive been grinding my teeth either, but it still could be teeth related.. wisdoms coming through etc.

Closed Thread