It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Headaches with clear nose

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
    dave999
    (male)

dave999 HB User
    Headaches with clear nose

Just looking for some kind of advice with this. I've had allergies my whole life. The actual allergy symptoms aren't as bad as they use to be. But now I have a different problem. I started getting what I assume are sinus headaches, a few years back. When I went to higher altitudes a couple times, it actually started to make me nauseous. Now I'm getting them fairly often under just day to day situations. What I notice is that it seems to happen on days when the allergies are NOT bad. In other words... It happens when I do not have the runny nose and all that. I notice often in the morning that, if I switch from laying on one side to the other, I can feel something up in the sinus cavities slowly shifting. I assume that's mucus. But what's weird is that, my nose is clear... I can breath through my nose, no problem. But I'm assuming it's that stuff stuck in there that's causing the problem. It's almost like the fact that my nose doesn't run, is what causes the problem. Bottom line... After 35 years of allergies, I think my sinuses are shot.

All of the meds and stuff I've looked at seem to be for congested nose. I've tried those things where you flush with saline water, and I also try to flush stuff out when in the shower and stuff. But nothing seems to prevent this.

Just wondering if anybody has any solutions or products that might work.

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
    sinusy67
    (female)

sinusy67 HB User
    Re: Headaches with clear nose

Dave,

I don't have any advice as I have the same issue - horrible sinus headaches but without any congestion. I believe they are caused by allergens in the environment which I've taken steps to control as much as I can, but there's only so much you can do.

I've taken antibiotics but they don't seem to help anymore. Am currently trying new things (drinking apple cide vinegar, neti pot with saline and hydrogen peroxide, peroxide in ears) to see if I can get any relief. I REALLY don't want to go to more, stronger, antibiotics as those cause a whole other host of problems.

Hoping someone replies to this thread as I am about at my wit's end with this pain and fatigue.

-Sabrina

Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
    dave999
    (male)

dave999 HB User

Thanks Sabrina... So do you feel any kind of fluid in them at all? Like, do you ever feel little pops or pressure changes? Sometimes barometric changes can supposedly do something... Maybe keep an eye on that and see if it correlates. Be careful with the antibiotics... That can start causing other problems, like digestive issues. Speaking of which... I also had fairly serious digestive issues that were getting worse over the last couple years. For the last few months I was trying all kinds of stuff. Nothing really worked, or just made it worse. Then I tried an enzyme supplement. I'm still not perfect, but wow, what a difference. I have a lot more energy now and just feel better in general. I had been messed up for so long, that I think I didn't even realize how bad it was. I think that I basically wasn't getting proper nutrition, and waste was also not being rejected properly. This had probably been happening for years. It's been a couple weeks now and I've not had much headache issues really. Coincidence? I don't know. But it wouldn't be a stretch to think that poor nutrition could lead to other issues.

One symptom of the headaches that I forgot to mention, was that I sometimes get the spots in the eyes, like people who get migraines sometimes have. I don't think I get actual migraines, but I would think chronic headaches of various types could probably produce the same symptoms.

So maybe look into other things that you wouldn't necessarily think could cause it. Sometimes sinuses become inflamed, and they don't really know why. I would think that it might be possible to do too much as well. Messing around in there with too much stuff might irritate them more.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
    sinusy67
    (female)

sinusy67 HB User

Hi Dave,

Thanks Sabrina... So do you feel any kind of fluid in them at all? Like, do you ever feel little pops or pressure changes?

>>>Sometimes when I swallow there's a little "crackle" in my ears. However, they always feel slightly plugged up and there's lot of sinus pain if I press below my eyebrows or on my cheekbones.

So maybe look into other things that you wouldn't necessarily think could cause it. Sometimes sinuses become inflamed, and they don't really know why. I would think that it might be possible to do too much as well. Messing around in there with too much stuff might irritate them more.

>>>Oh, I know my sinuses are inflamed due to having allergies to various things. I had a CAT scan done last year and they said I had small turbinates (I think?) and so it's very easy for my sinuses to become completely plugged.
    I also had a Vitamin D deficiency (just found out) so it's no wonder I was getting sick all the time, which would then lead to sinus infections. I am working on the Vit D now with 4000/IU per day, and am hoping that helps my immune system. Still puzzled about how to get rid of the infection that is already here, though, if even antibiotics don't work.

Am on Day 2 of hydrogen peroxide and ACV "therapy", and will post my updates.

Good luck to you!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
    dave999
    (male)

dave999 HB User

Good luck with that... I know some people have very sensitive sinuses. I never did before, but I guess maybe I do now.

Closed Thread