It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Solidified sinus fluid?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User
    Solidified sinus fluid?

Hi, I have been struggling for a year now with fatigue, ache across my forehead, pulsating between my eyes and general tiredness in my eyes. I went for a Hopi Ear Candle apptment yesterday in the hope it would help clear my sinuses if thats what the problem is. She massaged my face as well, and said it was quite solid above my eyes. Does this mean the fluid has solidified in my forehead??
    How do i break it up?? I have tried massaging the area myself, with no luck. Still feel like crap, have a slight tingling in my nose too. And it hurts a bit when i press on my cheek bones.
    Only thing that helps for about 3 minutes is if i put peppermint oil on my temples, it wakes my eyes up and give the whole area a bit of relief.

What can I do next.
    help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
    MyCat55
    (female)

MyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB User
    Re: Solidified sinus fluid?

Your sinuses are holes in side your skull bones so it's extremely unlikely that you will be able to massage them.

However things like steam inhalation (which isn't recommended as it is dangerous due to people scalding themselves), irrigation with a netti pot, irration with a salt sinus rinse or even eating things like chillies can cause the mucus stuck inside the sinuses to drain.

BTW Hopi ear candle waxing is dangerous as people have got burnt and there is no scientific proof that it has any effect apart from a placebo one.

I suggest if you still have sinus pain to see a doctor:
    1. You need to rule out whether you have allergies.
    2. If you don't have allergies get sent to an ENT doctor to see whether there is anything else causing the issues.

Closed Thread