It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

Sinus irrigation

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Jonnybgoode
(male)

Jonnybgoode HB User
Cool Sinus irrigation

I'm new to this board. I use sinus irrigation daily to relieve both allergy and sinus symptoms. I am helped the most when I do 16 ounces per nostril once daily. Is this a good practice? Is that too much or too little? I use a Neti Pot with distilled water. Sometimes I use pre packaged saline solution from WalGreens and sometimes I just add 1/4 teaspoon of salt per 8 ounces of water. It helps me breathe much better and I am hopeful it will help me keep sinus infections (my mortal enemy) away. I had sinus surgery in 2000 and I have had fewer infections since then, but my allergies, particularly nasal allergies are always bad unless I do the irrigation and once in a while, even the irrigation doesn't work as well as I'd like, but usually I feel better with my nasal passages more open after daily irrigation. All comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Sinus irrigation

I think they tell you on the NeilMed box to do it twice a day - AM and PM....at least that's what several people I know do. So I don't see a problem with it.

Closed Thread

Tags
allergies, irrigation, sinus