It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Will my ENT suction at every follow-up visit after sinus surgery?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
    sciencesdg
    (female)

sciencesdg HB User
    Will my ENT suction at every follow-up visit after sinus surgery?

I has sinus surgery in late August. I was suctioned every 3-4 weeks, then told to come back in 3 months. I went in today and I was not suctioned even though there was some mucus coming from my frontals. My question is should I expect to be suctioned at every follow up visit after sinus surgery. I would like to know if other people have continued to be suctioned at their follow-up visits, or if it is common practice to stop suctioning? I still have some forehead pain and I was taken back when the doctor did not suction. What are other patient experiences in their long-term follow-up care after sinus surgery? I appreciate the information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
    Bea590
    (female)

Bea590 HB User
    Re: Will my ENT suction at every follow-up visit after sinus surgery?

Maybe you should ask your doctor why he's doing what he's doing? It's very different than what I had done post-surgery.

I had surgery Nov 5, 2012. I went back twice to have the "scabs" and balloons removed. I don't understand what they would be suctioning...if they opened your sinuses and cleaned them out during the surgery, there shouldn't be anything that needs to be cleaned out...you will just drain normally. Maybe the doctor did a different procedure.

Closed Thread