It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Nasal irrigation additives

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
    adpace
    (female)

adpace HB Useradpace HB User
    Nasal irrigation additives

2nd question of the day

So, I'm wondering what types of additives you all have tried with regards to nasal irrigation. I discovered the hydrogen peroxide about a year ago on this board. It would hold off an impending infection for about a week for me, but it only slowed the inevitable. I would still get the infection, it would just take longer to really "take".

Since that didn't really do the trick for me, I'd noticed that other people have talked about adding other things to their rinses. First, I came across betadine. The jury is still out on this for me. I've been using it for about a week now and I definitely haven't progressed to a full on infection, but I can't decide if it's really nipped it yet or not. I'm still having to use it several times a day.

I've since done some research and can see people are trying all different kinds of additives in their nasal rinses, many of which are touted to have NO side effects (unlike the hydrogen peroxide). Among them are: grapefruit seed extract, tea tree oil, alkalol and manuka honey. I'm wondering if any of you with strong, chronic and long-term sinus infections have tried any of these and what your experiences have been.

Frankly, I'm willing to try just about anything: desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm not sure anything I stick up there could make me more miserable than I am now! At the very least, I'm willing to be a guinea pig if it means even the hope of a possibility of finding a "cure" for all of this. But, I wanted to find out what experiences others may have had with this (and share for those who may not know that there are other "remedies" out there, although the jury is out on whether any of it is a viable long-term solution).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
    Spyder96
    (male)

Spyder96 HB User
    Re: Nasal irrigation additives

Do you have an infection at this time? There are plenty of Nasal Irrigation Additives. It just depends on what you have.

Last edited by Spyder96; 01-09-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
    adpace
    (female)

adpace HB Useradpace HB User

Yes, I think I do. A bit of one. I've managed to keep it from being out of control for the last 2 weeks by using Betadine in my rinse. Wondering if something else might get rid of it entirely. . .

Old 01-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
    Spyder96
    (male)

Spyder96 HB User

Try 1/8th Teaspoon of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar in your Sinus Rinse. ACV renown for curing Sinus Infections. If that doesn't work, have two Tablespoons in a Full Glass of Water.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spyder96 For This Useful Post:
    adpace (01-27-2014)
    Closed Thread