It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus issues...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
    InsaneCharlotte
    (female)

InsaneCharlotte HB User
    Exclamation Sinus issues...

So, I'm gonna try to make this as short as I possibly can but that's going to be hard considering it's been going on for like the past 5 years of my short life. But nevertheless, I have recurrent, horrible sinusitis. At times, the infections will get so bad that I will end up in the ER just for them to give me the same basic medications and send me home...And yes, I do have a primary doctor but in my opinion she isn't the best and doesn't seem to know how to fix it. (I get better results from the medications given to me by the ER doctors than I do with my PCP, and am currently working on switching to a new PCP.) But I just recently went to see an ENT and had CT of my sinuses done...he said that I wasn't a good candidate for sinus surgery b/c my sinuses aren't bad enough. (In my opinion he didn't know what he was talking about either, he hadn't even LOOOKED at my CT when I went into his office, he was reading off of a piece of paper what the hospital that did the CT said)...but if my sinuses aren't that bad, why does my sinus infection practically never go away? And why is my lower jaw swollen so bad when I get sinus infections that I can barely open my mouth? And there's always this excruciating pain in my lower jaw, teeth, chin and ear, all on the same side.
    Every time I go to the doctor I have a sinus infection and antibiotics are not clearing it up...if the ENT is by some chance right though and I'm not a good candidate, then what is the problem?

(Other info: I have polyps in my nose but don't know how big they are and a deviated septum. I get all the horrible symptoms that come along with a sinus infection but recently it seems that each time they have gotten worse. And I was also wondering if maybe the fact that I never blow snot out is why I can't get over it, maybe all the bacteria is just sitting there and I don't know it..?)

Last edited by InsaneCharlotte; 01-16-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
    Bea590
    (female)

Bea590 HB User
    Re: Sinus issues...

You poor baby!! It made my jaw hurt just reading this...you sound EXACTLY like me for many many years. The left side of my face, especially my lower jaw, are very painful when I have an infection...I have gone to the dentist thinking I had an abscessed tooth. I had surgery Nov 2011 and life is so much better!

You need to go to another ENT asap. Sign a release where you had the CAT done and tell them when you make that appointment where it is and you would like it read before you get there. Polyps and deviated septum alone are reasons to do sinus surgery but the recurrent infections won't stop until they go in and clean all that out and open the sinuses enough so they drain.

Let us know how it goes. You don't need to live like this.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
    InsaneCharlotte
    (female)

InsaneCharlotte HB User

Thank you for your input! And yes I know I need to fine another ENT, I'm currently searching for one. But I was just confused as to what was really going on since the doctor told me my sinuses weren't that bad. *eye roll* And yes, I will let you know how it goes once I find a new doctor, you never know someone else may be suffering the same problems and may stumble across this post. 😊 ...But there's another question I have, I always have to have a fan on, no matter where I am or the weather outside. The air in the room I'm in has to be circulating or I get this feeling that I can't breathe, like there's not enough air and I'm suffocating. Could that be related to the fact the my sinuses are always clogged and the openings need to be widened so it'll drain or possibly another problem?

Old 01-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
    Bea590
    (female)

Bea590 HB User

Gosh, I don't know about the air circulating issue...might be worth mentioning. I like to have the air circulating...like with a very slow ceiling fan, but don't feel short of breath if it's not. Do you have asthma? That might do it.

Yes, I know exactly what you are going through. I wish I'd had the surgery years ago but so many people told me horror stories that I was terrified. It was a breeze and I'd do it again. I was infection free for almost a year, caught a cold from my grandkids and then had to fly, so I got one but that's it.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
    InsaneCharlotte
    (female)

InsaneCharlotte HB User

Yes, I do have asthma, I was diagnosed with it when I was only 3 months old. That may be it then, I should mention it to my doctor though just to be sure. And I'm also allergic to dust and it makes my asthma flare up really bad and as of now my room is more than slightly dusty. So more than likely that could be the problem, I was just checking.

And yeah, I've read stories online where people say that they have the stories and are fine for a couple months and then get sick again. But I hope this next doctor knows more and can help me.

Thank you for your advice, though! Will keep you posted!

Closed Thread

Tags
    sinus, sinus infection, sinus pain, sinusitis