It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Swollen sinus CURE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
    Sparkmane
    (female)

Sparkmane HB User
    Exclamation Swollen sinus CURE

After much time suffering from my sinus issues I have found the cure for the worst of them.

Sometimes, up inside one nostril, I get a lump. I know it is just a spot of swollen sinus tissue, but it's quite concentrated and very painful. I don't know if it hurts because it is touching the other sinus wall or if it hurts because stuff is getting backed up behind it - and I don't care, IT HURTS. Steam does not make it go away. Tea does not make it go away. Profanity and nose picking to not make it go away. Mucinex D does not make it go away.

Even my tried-and-true sinus cure, one extra-strength Bayer and two Sutafeds, does not make it go away. (Note: Use this sparingly, my doctor says it will kill me or something if I do it every day).

But enough about things that don't work, you wound up here because I put that word CURE up there.

The only thing that has ever made that bump go away was direct application of sub-zero temperatures to the sinus tissue. The first time I attempted this was with an icicle, and the results were instantaneous and perfect. However, icicles are in short supply. I've toyed with the idea of getting a mold to make my own, but that's kind of more pain than the sinus issue. And so:

Shoestring French fries. You can get a 2-pound bag of them frozen at the dollar tree. Just take one out, slide it into your nose until you can feel it against that horrible spot, and leave it there for maybe, 15-30 seconds. Take a good sniff with that nostril if you have the room, then take it out. If your problem is my problem, then now you have no problem!

How many French fries are in 2 pounds? Probably enough to last you forever, and for a buck it cannot be beat. I'll be jamming French fries up my nose until I can afford the surgery I need, and I want you all to join me!

p.s. Don't eat the French fry when you are done, because raw potatoes are gross.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
    yar1246
    (male)

yar1246 HB User
    Re: Swollen sinus CURE

Thanks for making me laugh. I'm sitting here with painful, swollen sinuses right now and this cheered me up, even if just a little. Unfortunately, I'm all out of frozen fries. . .

Closed Thread

Tags
    cheap, cure, home remedy, pain, sinus pressure