It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• nonstop drainage, drip, mucus production

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
    brianlg
    (male)

brianlg HB User
    nonstop drainage, drip, mucus production

Never have I once read an article, seen a doctor, or found anything that has HELPED this.

For years now (~6 years) I have non stop nasal drainage, post nasal drip, mucus production. This is EVERY DAY, ALL DAY, not one day has gone by without it.

I wake up in the morning with it dried and stuck to the back of my throat. I have to reach back and pull it out, blow everything out of my nose, and use a saline rinse.

I can't even start my day without this whole process of cleaning and rinsing.

I have tried basically every pill, and nose spray that you can name. I'm currently using Qnasl which hasn't worked any better than anything else. If medications cannot fix this, what can?

On average, I would say I go through a box of Kleenex at least weekly. All day I am pulling mucus out of my throat, hacking it up, blowing my nose.
    Every day I rinse my sinuses in the morning, sometimes again at night.
    I use saline sprays constantly throughout the day.

I've had two different sinus surgeries. Why is nothing stopping this? I do have a lot of allergies, but no allergy medications help. No pill, no spray, I was on allergy shots for years, did nothing.

Has ANYONE had success with this? Does anything work?

Before you recommend these, let me list what I've tried and what has not worked for me:
    - allergy shots
    - allegra
    - claritin
    - zyrtec
    - benadryl
    - flonase
    - nasacort
    - zyflo
    - qnasl
    - i use saline rinses
    - i use a humidifier
    - i use a air purifier
    - i am sure Ive used more medications, I cannot remember them all there were so many

Last edited by brianlg; 02-11-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
    itburns2004
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
    Re: nonstop drainage, drip, mucus production

Sometimes it can be due to a yeast infection in your sinus. There is a medication called diflucan, your doctor would need need to prescribe it. You can read about diflucan and become knowledgeable about the dosage and amount in case your doctor isnt familiar with dosages. I say this cause years ago i kept getting sinus infections and has a drip and i went on diflucan for a yeast in my gut but after the two weeks of diflucan for my gut..it helped my sinus. Maybe give that a try. I will let you know as it kills the yeast you have a two or three day of a die off effect which feels like the flu, but then its like a miracle.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #3
    Spyder96
    (male)

Spyder96 HB User

Burn, how did you find out there was Yeast in your Gut? Were you tested by an Doctor of Alternative Medicine? Did you have Post Nasal Drip when you found out that you had Yeast in your Gut? When you took the Diflucan, Did your drip go away? What color was it?

Old 02-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
    gcsjr
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

Since treating your allergies doesn't seem to be helping it is possible that the post nasal drip is the result of something else. One of the most common - but often undiagnosed - causes of post nasal drip is acid reflux, particularly a form of acid reflux called LPR (laryngopharyngeal Reflux), also known as silent reflux, that may not have any of the common symptoms of heartburn but commonly causes severe post nasal drip, constant throat clearing and a persistent cough.

It's probably worth seeing a gastroenterologist to explore whether LPR could be causing your symptoms.

Closed Thread