It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Nasal irrigation query

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2014, 01:17 AM   #1
    bluebird99
    (male)

bluebird99 HB User
    Nasal irrigation query

There is a partial blockage in my left sinus due to which my left nostril remains blocked mostly in winter.

I tried nasal irrigation to relive the blockage and it has resulted in some relief, I can breathe partially through the left nostril now. I've been doing nasal irrigation for a week now and somehow, the saline solution is not coming out of the other nostril. I get a few drops out when I start and then it just stops. I've tried with the other nostril and the result is still the same. I been doing this once every day for the past one week.

I was told that after repeating the procedure a few times, water will eventually come out from the other side, but its not doing so in my case.

Just wondering if someone encountered the same issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Nasal irrigation query

If you have a blockage, nasal rinse won't do a lot of good. Are you considering having it repaired?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
    bluebird99
    (male)

bluebird99 HB User

I got it checked by an ENT, he said the blockage is partial, he prescribed me a nasal decongestant. I used it for a while but then I stopped using it. Its effect lasted 8 hours or so and once it wore it, it caused a complete blockage.
    So I switched to nasal irrigation and, its not as effective as the decongestant but at least it doesn't have the side effects.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sounds like a repair is needed.

Closed Thread