It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• I feel like I am insane...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
    coffeelove
    (female)

coffeelove HB User
    I feel like I am insane...

Hello everyone
    for about 4 months now I am really stressing myself out on how I woke up one day with really raw nasal passages /stuffy nose/I almost always have post nasal drip. I don't have a cough or runny nose/sometimes I do get a raw throat. but it all started with vertigo/spells of feeling light headed. Ears are always feeling full and pressure/ENT says my ears looked fine...but why do they feel full and I have weird cracking/ringing in my ear at times. I guess I am just so sick of feeling tired even when I get a full night sleep and I feel a constant fog in my head/balance issues and a sinus facial throb. my eyes ache/under my eyes and my forehead. eyes are always watering/kind of a burning to them. and I am super sensitive to light. am I insane? or has anyone else felt this way?

<------------- because I feel like I am starting to loose it.
    of course panic sets in when I go to walk and I feel vertigo or a light headed feeling I am a mess. I went to the ER to make sure I was not dying of a stroke or head tumor....blah!

it makes me sad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: I feel like I am insane...

Have you had allergy testing? Sounds like you need an antihistamine

Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Have you had any x-rays or MRI done of your head just to see if anything else is going on?

q

Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

There are two things you could try. Sudafed to clear the mucus. I was prescribed this for the same symptoms as you by an ENT Dr. Also a Antihistamine as your PND could be allergy related (Allergic Rhinitis).

Solofelix.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
    coffeelove
    (female)

coffeelove HB User

well today was like a huge weight off my shoulders. I finally took some zertec and I swear its like a light shined on me! It was such a good day for me sinus wise I cant wait to see my ENT still in a week but wow I am really glad I tried it! I am looking forward to taking it again tomorrow. its the most un stuffy I have felt in forever

Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Good to hear you're having relief. Do make a list of questions for the ENT to have further testing. While it might not necessarily be allergy-related...the antihistamine could have relieved some fluid in areas that might have been affected.

Regardless, it works for you.

q

Old 02-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
    coffeelove
    (female)

coffeelove HB User

Thanks Quincy! I am putting a list together today was better. I wanted to say also that its amazing what a little anxiety can do on top of not feeling well:/ but I am trying to stay positive

Old 02-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi...yes, anxiety can sure have the brain run amuck. Making questions for the doc allows us to process and take in possibilities.
    Please ask about an x-ray of your sinuses or a head MRI.

Have you been checked for allergies or Eustachian tube dysfunction?

You can also consider to try a nasal lavage/rinse system. I use the Neilmed that powder is mixed with distilled or filtered water. Helps a lot.

Just to let you know I have continual raw areas in my nose along the septum on each side. It is possible that it's the dry air, but it's also possible that it's related to autoimmune. If you have any other health issues....things might be connected indirectly.

Lots of possibilities, difficult to find the right balance. Do you smoke?

Definitely let us know how you're doing and how the appointment went.
    q

Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
    coffeelove
    (female)

coffeelove HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Hi...yes, anxiety can sure have the brain run amuck. Making questions for the doc allows us to process and take in possibilities.
    Please ask about an x-ray of your sinuses or a head MRI.

Have you been checked for allergies or Eustachian tube dysfunction?

You can also consider to try a nasal lavage/rinse system. I use the Neilmed that powder is mixed with distilled or filtered water. Helps a lot.

Just to let you know I have continual raw areas in my nose along the septum on each side. It is possible that it's the dry air, but it's also possible that it's related to autoimmune. If you have any other health issues....things might be connected indirectly.

Lots of possibilities, difficult to find the right balance. Do you smoke?

Definitely let us know how you're doing and how the appointment went.
    q
    hello again
    I went to my ent. He strongly believes allergies. He wanted to rule out any other issues with a cat scan and it came back clean. I have massive post nasal drip and puffy eyes and watery eyes. He thinks it sounds like rhinitis / allergies. I have been using my netty for 3 days and i feel better. I don't have vertigo or dizzy feelings is more of a foggy pressure in my forehead and cheeks. So I'm waiting to get in to the allergy doc. Something strange has happened. Since I found out my scan was clean most of my off balance feelings have gone away. ... like more of a calm feeling. I think anxiety plays a huge part in my issue.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #10
    want2feelwell
    (male)

want2feelwell HB User

Feeling vertigo would make many people feel anxious. If you have underlying anxiety, a proper dose of an SSRI could be helpful to take the edge off. But what comes first, the anxiety or the vertigo? One thing about sinus issues is many people can relate but many other people can't. Having a clean CT scan can be a relief. I'm going in for one next week and I'm actually hopeful it shows what I believe could be my route cause of suffering. For me, I never sneeze (ok maybe 3 times a year), rarely get itchy eyes, yet continually get sinus pain and infections. Hopeful balloon sinuplasty is my answer.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

I'm so pleased you found Zirtek helpful.
    I take this for "Allergic Rhinitis" which includes (Itchy watery eyes, blocked or runny nose and dry throat).
    Zirtek works really well for me and I take it at night which gives me a great nights sleep.
    Hope you continue to improve,

Solofelix.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
    howard345
    (male)

howard345 HB User

How are you feeling now? Do you still have the same symptoms. I've been having similar symptoms, so was curious if you found something that helped you.

Closed Thread