It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinuses, Tinnitus, Vision loss and Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
    Dredge
    (male)

Dredge HB User
    Sinuses, Tinnitus, Vision loss and Pain

Late in November I contracted strep from my children who brought it home from day care. Unaware of this I continued on with little symptons or discomfort. On the 2nd week of December I started feeling off. My balance and the world around me seemed off. I was feelig the floor drop out from underneath me and I was having difficulty walking a straight line. I went to a health clinic for a quick fix because my regular doctor couldn't get me in for a least 2 weeks. The clinic doctor gave me a diagnose of sinusitis and gave me Ceftin (antibiotics) and a cortizone shot. At the end of the dosage week I still had not gotten better. My next visit was with my regular Dr who gave me the same diagnosis and prescribed more antibiotics and upped the dosage. He put me on a strict routine of antihistamines and decongestants. After completing the dosage and I was sent to have an MRI completed because I had been dizzy which was accompanied by nausea. The MRI turned up nothing except mild congestion in my ethmoid sinuses. With out any relief from my symptoms of nausea, dizzyness I woke in the middle of the night to extreme pain in between my eyes. I endured pain that brought tears to my eyes until the health clinic opened in the morning. The Dr. prescribed me Augmentin (antibiotics) and fluticasone propionate nasal spray and a cortizone shot for sinusitis. I exhausted that after 10 days and the only symptons that remained were balance problems, spatial disorientation (vision), and dull pain in sinuses. I went to a ENT doctor that said he could find nothing wrong with me after a brief 5 min examination. I was told I needed to toughen up and let my body heal from the sinus infection. After two weeks I went to another more prominent ENT doctor who again told me that he could find nothing wrong with me and told me most likey it was just a sinus headache and that I needed to toughen up. Since then as of today I have slight vision loss in my right eye, have pressure in my ears, ringing (tinnitus) in my ears, a nose that is sometimes sore to the touch, my top front teech feel numb sometimes. I have fasted to see if that helps with maybe allergies and it makes no difference. I exercise so much that I have lost around 15lbs. I eat healthy, no sugar, no dairy. I have an appointment with an allergist to see if they can find out something. If anyone has had these same symptoms or could shed some light into what is bothering me please please help. Every search on the internet leads me to sinusitis but I never had a real runny nose, never really congested, mucous (sorry for grossness) is clear as glass. Thank you for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
    dewing
    (female)

dewing HB User
    Re: Sinuses,Tinnitus, Vision loss, Pain

I am under the GP at the moment with what I can describe as a strange, heavy feeling in my head with frontal, forehead, pressure feeling in my forehead. No idea what it is but I hope it goes away.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:46 AM   #3
    Profion
    (male)

Profion HB User
    Re: Sinuses, Tinnitus, Vision loss and Pain

I actually have the same symptoms!
    -Sinus
    -Tinnitus
    -Different vision "foggy/hard focus"

And overall a sense of not being myself or being 100% concentrated about my cercumstances, the enviroment around me and such..

Closed Thread