It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Balloon Sinuplasty - can anyone share experience?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #16
    BriteBabyBlue
    (female)

BriteBabyBlue HB User
    Re: Balloon Sinuplasty - can anyone share experience?

Hi Bea, I am a month post-op now and feeling a bit discouraged. The good thing is my nose is wide open, I can breath very well through my nose. I have seen my doctor twice, once for a debriedment. My headaches seem to be lessening but I still have the post nasal drip which makes me cough and clear my throat a lot. I am wondering if I need to give it more time before I get too discouraged. Since I had the combination of balloon and traditional surgery to remove the polyps and turbinate reduction. Were you feeling great in a month? or did it take a bit longer? I know everyone is different and I wonder if I am still in the healing process. I do feel like my energy is coming back. Maybe I expected to feel better sooner than I should.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #17
    Bea590
    (female)

Bea590 HB User

Hi,

Good to hear from you Yes, I had lots of post-nasal "drip" at that stage and occasionally since then but it got better and better. I think I was surprised by it since my sinuses had been plugged up for so long and I wasn't used to the normal drainage. You had more done than I did and it takes a while...I'd give it several months for complete healing...for things to all settle down. We want instant results, don't we?? And just don't get them

Old 05-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #18
    BriteBabyBlue
    (female)

BriteBabyBlue HB User

Thanks, I was hoping you would say I should give it more time. I do feel I am getting better and healing, but very slowly. The post nasal drip still seems pretty constant, but it is different, thinner and more productive since surgery. I have read where others have said 6-8 weeks. Thanks again!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #19
    Catgreg
    (female)

Catgreg HB User

Reading this has helped me. I am scheduled to have balloon sinuplasty and my septum cut, in office under local anesthesia. I wanna hurl when I read the experiences of others. I'm terrified of being awake!

Old 06-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #20
    Bea590
    (female)

Bea590 HB User

There is no way in the world I would agree to do this awake. Can't you insist on being out?

Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #21
    Catgreg
    (female)

Catgreg HB User

They do this all the time under local.....😳. I really hate reading stuff and it describes the pain as "discomfort."

Old 06-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #22
    Bea590
    (female)

Bea590 HB User

I've never heard of anyone having this under a local. Seriously, maybe you need to change doctors.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #23
    BriteBabyBlue
    (female)

BriteBabyBlue HB User

Cat,

I agree with Bea, I would not have it done under local anesthesia, especially if you are having any cutting done. I have heard of them doing just the balloon procedure under a local, and most of those stories were not very positive. Bea and I both had the balloon procedure combined with the traditional sinus surgery, I had polyps removed and a turbinate reduction, but I was in a hospital outpatient surgery setting with full anesthesia. I would be curious to know how things go for you, whatever you decide.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #24
    Bea590
    (female)

Bea590 HB User

Brite, how are you doing now? I'm doing great except when I fly I get a sinus infection so am on Levaquin for 10 days...however, I didn't get SICK, just normal-people sick and am getting better quickly...before, I would have had to be on antibiotics for weeks. Now I've torn the cartilage in my knee so am probably having surgery for that, then doing rehab.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #25
    BriteBabyBlue
    (female)

BriteBabyBlue HB User

Bea,

I am doing pretty well. My sinus headaches and facial pain are a lot better. I still have the post nasal drip, which makes me cough in the mornings, but I can live with that without the headaches. Just recently I caught a regular cold and that has made me feel pretty bad, I wondered if it was a sinus infection, but I have been getting increasingly better over about 10 days. Hopefully when this cold is done I will feel good again. I had just gotten my energy and motivation back for a couple weeks since the sinus procedure.

I thought life was supposed to get easier as we got older! Seems like it's just one thing after the next. Sorry you have to have knee surgery.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #26
    BriteBabyBlue
    (female)

BriteBabyBlue HB User

Bea,

I am doing pretty well. My sinus headaches and facial pain are a lot better. I still have the post nasal drip, which makes me cough in the mornings, but I can live with that without the headaches. Just recently I caught a regular cold and that has made me feel pretty bad, I wondered if it was a sinus infection, but I have been getting increasingly better over about 10 days. Hopefully when this cold is done I will feel good again. I had just gotten my energy and motivation back for a couple weeks since the sinus procedure.

I thought life was supposed to get easier as we got older! Seems like it's just one thing after the next. Sorry you have to have knee surgery.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:48 AM   #27
    Catgreg
    (female)

Catgreg HB User

Ok. 1 day post procedure. I had ethmoid, max and frontal sinuses done, septal bone spur removed and turbinate reduction. It was so easy. I hardly felt any discomfort. The only complaint was a horrific headache yesterday in the frontal where I typically have them. Today seems better....crusty, congestion, incision sore, bit of headache but otherwise good.

We are going on a week beach vacation next Thursday....one week out. Think it'll be fine?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #28
    BriteBabyBlue
    (female)

BriteBabyBlue HB User

Cat, WOW, you had all that done without being put under. You must be tough! Those are all the same procedures I had done, along with a poly removal. If you are doing so well at this stage you will probably be fine for your vacation. It took me awhile to feel really good. I had a lot of blood drainage down the back of my throat and just felt dizzy and tired for a couple of weeks. My headaches have greatly improved though.

Closed Thread