It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Has sinuses ever made you feel off balance?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User
    Has sinuses ever made you feel off balance?

I had to wait a month to see my main dr about this. My forehead has pressure upon standing and leaning or bending. And I feel off balance. It gives me anxiety and sometimes panic attacks. Just this morning when I got out of bed, I felt pressure in both of my temples and I got scared and almost had panic attack. I worried about a brain tumor. My dr said it was frontal sinus infection and is sending me to ent. I go next week. She gave me antibiotic but it only seemed to make me feel 10 percent better as the symptoms persist. It's been like this for 2 months cause of having to wait so long to see my dr.
    I was having dizzy head spells but they are less. Only act up
    When I have anxiety.

The off balance feeling is the worst. My balance is fine if you look at me I'm not wobbling or anything. I just feel off balance. Anyone ever have this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Has sinuses ever made you feel off balance?

"YES" it most definitely can make you feel off balance.
    I suffered this some years ago, I also felt like I was veering to one side when I was in fact walking a straight line, a horrible sensation.
    Remember "Ears-Nose-Throat" are all connected and this in turn will affect your balance.
    I wish you well when you see the ENT Dr,

Solofelix.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Has sinuses ever made you feel off balance?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
    "YES" it most definitely can make you feel off balance.
    I suffered this some years ago, I also felt like I was veering to one side when I was in fact walking a straight line, a horrible sensation.
    Remember "Ears-Nose-Throat" are all connected and this in turn will affect your balance.
    I wish you well when you see the ENT Dr,

Solofelix.
    Thanks for replying and yes it is a horrible feeling. Sometimes I feel like my head is heavy and feel it worse, like I am being pulled forward.

My regular dr looked puzzled when I told her about my symptoms which made me worry more so that's why I'm going to the ent.

What did they do for you and how long did you have it?

Old 04-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

It was many years ago and lasted for six weeks. The symptoms were horrible. If I bent forward I would feel like I was going to topple over.
    I also suffered numb sensations under my eyes and above them.
    I had both sprays and Sudafed, I cant remember if I had Antibiotics (most likely did in the beginning).
    The thing that helped the most was "Accupuncture", I found it really good but having to pay for it I could only keep it up for a short time.
    In the end it went bit by bit until it went altogether,

Solofelix.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Mine started with feeling off balance. I got out of shower one night and I felt like I was on an elevator. Like the floor was moving up and down. I didn't see anything spinning. I did have some like jumpy vision. But it happened more in my bathroom cause it's such a small room. After that first night, we had snow and then warm days. And I took tons of mucinex until I could see a dr. My dr was booked so I went to urgent care and they did nothing but say it was ear wax and didn't check my sinuses. I was so mad. And since that day, was when I got worse. My head full of pressure standing, eyes felt weird, body felt heavy like you said, feel like I could just tobble over and not stand straight. That's when the anxiety got worse and bad panic attacks. Stay in bed all day. See my main dr after a month of it and she said sounded like frontal sinuses and took amoxcillin for 10 days. Felt very little change. Now I see ent next week. I never knew that sinuses could affect people in this way. I know nothing about them. I always think the worse cause of my anxiety. And it's hard to not worry when your body just don't feel right. I worry about brain tumor.

Closed Thread