It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Question for those who had ct scan!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User
    Question for those who had ct scan!

I'm seeing an ent this week and they might want to do ct scan of my sinuses I'm not sure but for those of you that have seen ent and had to have ct scan, did they send you to hospital same day to have it and when did you get the results?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
    zee703
    (female)

zee703 HB User
    Re: Question for those who had ct scan!

Your EN&T dr will give you an order & let you know where these scans are done. You then call wherever they do the scans in your area and make an appointment (they'll ask for your insurance and what type of scan - you can read it off the dr's order). Take the order with you on the day of your scan. All you do is lie on a table and your head will be surrounded by a circular piece of equipment. You're not enclosed. It goes quickly. They hand you the CD which you take to your dr on your next visit. That's it. It's one of the easiest tests to take - trust me!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zee703 View Post
    Your EN&T dr will give you an order & let you know where these scans are done. You then call wherever they do the scans in your area and make an appointment (they'll ask for your insurance and what type of scan - you can read it off the dr's order). Take the order with you on the day of your scan. All you do is lie on a table and your head will be surrounded by a circular piece of equipment. You're not enclosed. It goes quickly. They hand you the CD which you take to your dr on your next visit. That's it. It's one of the easiest tests to take - trust me!

Thanks for the info. Just a couple more questions if you done mind.

If my ent needs ct scan, I have to wait for the results first then she can diagnose me? I think I have some sinus issues going on and I'm anxious just wanting an answer. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait. Ct scans mKe me nervous cause I have fear of brain tumor.

Second, will I be able to view the cd? I never heard of the cd. I always heard the imaging center or hospital had to view the results first and then sent them
    Over to the ent then the ent called and either discussed them on the phone or in person.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
    zee703
    (female)

zee703 HB User

I've had several ct scans over the years for my sinus issues - just as long as you don't have more than 1 a year you should be ok. After you have the scan, you go out to the waiting room. In about 5-10 minutes the tech will come out and hand you the CD which you take to your next appointment with your EN&T (ask your dr's appointment people about making a follow-up appt as soon as possible after your scan is done).

Your doctor would probably let you see the scan when he puts it up on the image screen in his examining room (I don't look cause I'm squeamish ;>)

So line up your scan & follow-up appointments; you should be able to get this all completed within 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. Then your dr will know what he/she is dealing with.

If you have any more questions, ask away. That's what we're all here for. Also, feel free to call your EN&T's office and ask the staff any questions you have. They send patients for scans every day. The CAT scan for sinuses is about the easiest test one goes through (no fasting, nothing scary).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kmj023 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just a couple more questions if you done mind.

If my ent needs ct scan, I have to wait for the results first then she can diagnose me? I think I have some sinus issues going on and I'm anxious just wanting an answer. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait. Ct scans mKe me nervous cause I have fear of brain tumor.

Second, will I be able to view the cd? I never heard of the cd. I always heard the imaging center or hospital had to view the results first and then sent them
    Over to the ent then the ent called and either discussed them on the phone or in person.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    I've had several ct scans over the years for my sinus issues - just as long as you don't have more than 1 a year you should be ok. After you have the scan, you go out to the waiting room. In about 5-10 minutes the tech will come out and hand you the CD which you take to your next appointment with your EN&T (ask your dr's appointment people about making a follow-up appt as soon as possible after your scan is done).

Your doctor would probably let you see the scan when he puts it up on the image screen in his examining room (I don't look cause I'm squeamish ;>)

So line up your scan & follow-up appointments; you should be able to get this all completed within 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. Then your dr will know what he/she is dealing with.

If you have any more questions, ask away. That's what we're all here for. Also, feel free to call your EN&T's office and ask the staff any questions you have. They send patients for scans every day. The CAT scan for sinuses is about the easiest test one goes through (no fasting, nothing scary).

Thanks for helping me out with this. I have bad anxiety and hyperchondriac lol. I just feel off balance upon walking And have pressure in my forehead and eyes feel off and I'm terrified of a brain tumor. This is the first time I've ever had to go thru this. My last sinus infection was years ago and I remember my head feeling this way but didn't feel off balance. So that's why I'm scared.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #6
    zee703
    (female)

zee703 HB User

Write down all your questions and concerns so you'll remember them when you see your EN&T (being anxious can cause us to forget to mention some of our symptoms, worries). You may be off balance due to a sinus infection; it can also affect our ears/equilibrium. Your head feels "full" and your ears pop or feel plugged.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Write down all your questions and concerns so you'll remember them when you see your EN&T (being anxious can cause us to forget to mention some of our symptoms, worries). You may be off balance due to a sinus infection; it can also affect our ears/equilibrium. Your head feels "full" and your ears pop or feel plugged.
    Yes I have things written down so I won't forget. And I have read that sinuses can mess up the equilibrium so I'm praying that's what it is. My head feels full but I don't have fullness in the ears, not that I can feel anyway. The more my head feels full, the more I feel off balance. Especially bending or leaning over on my feet.

Closed Thread