It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Forehead feels full of mud. Can anyone relate?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User
    Forehead feels full of mud. Can anyone relate?

When I lay down. I feel ok. But when I sit or stand up, my head feels full in my forehead over my eyes. And sometimes causes my eyes to feel off looking at far off objects only. Not really blurry, no double vision. Hard to really explain.

And when I stand up, I'm wobbly feeling. When I lean my head down and raise it up, I can feel the fullness in my forehead. It's like someone filling it up with thick liquid. Sometimes feels like it's moving around. I have no headache nor pain. Anyone's sinuses ever felt this way?

Also I've had clear nasal congestion and stuffy nose when my head is down. Sometimes sounds like a cold.

I have a ct scan coming up next week. Google has me convinced I have a tumor in my cerebellum. Which is more of a child cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: Forehead feels full of mud. Can anyone relate?

Hi kmj, Yes i had a bad sinus infection that made me feel like this pressure especially when leaning over! Im glad you dont have pain or fever! Sometimes either allergies or infection causes the lining of sinuses to swell covering over the tiny opening that drains the sinus & pressure cant be relieved resulting in a clogged sinus & all the fluid, infection & pressure imbalance can affect the inner ear causing dizziness & affecting balance especially if its gone on for a long time which is what i had, is this what you mean by wobbly? If the dr hasnt already prescribed prescription medicine some over the counter antihistamines & decongestants can help with drying up fluid or relieving pressure & OTC motion sickness medicine helped me when i had inner ear affected & had dizziness & nausea, active ingredient meclizine or asking the pharmacist or perhaps getting a call in to the dr to see what he recommends? Im sorry you are having this mess because it does feel so miserable but it was easily fixed for me & after the dr treated me i have never had it again & i hope the same for you!

Last edited by gmak; 05-02-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    Hi kmj, Yes i had a bad sinus infection that made me feel like this pressure especially when leaning over! Im glad you dont have pain or fever! Sometimes either allergies or infection causes the lining of sinuses to swell covering over the tiny opening that drains the sinus & enables pressure to be relieved resulting in a clogged sinus & all the fluid, infection & pressure imbalance can affect the inner ear causing dizziness & affecting balance especially if its gone on for a long time which is what i had, is this what you mean by wobbly? If the dr hasnt already prescribed prescription medicine over the counter antihistamines & decongestants can help sometimes with drying up fluid or relieving pressure & OTC motion sickness medicine helps me with the dizziness & nausea, active ingredient meclizine or perhaps getting a call in to the dr to see what he recommends? Im sorry you are having this mess because it does feel so miserable but it was easily fixed for me & after the dr treated me i have never had it again & i hope the same for you!

Thanks for replying. I've been stressed out cause I have had this exactly 3 months and I had to wait 4 weeks to see main dr and she gave me amoxcillin and that didn't help very much. Then went to ent and she said that it was either sinuses or my inner ear but wanted to see about the sinuses first. So she put me on some augmentin and 6 day course of predinsone and the only thing I felt some change in was my balance. I no longer felt like I was walking on a boat as much. I called in for second round of augmentin and tried sudafed and my head still feels full of goo. I'm wobbly off balance feeling when I stand up. And I noticed that when I tilt my head back and look up at ceiling there is less pressure and my balance feels normal. But soon as I let
    My head go forward all that fullness fills up. It's an awful feeling. It keeps me in bed pretty much. So I'm thinking it must be a blockage. And the ct scan will hopefully show what's going on. I have hypochondria
    So google had scared me to death. I know better than to ever google again.

What did they do for you to get yours to go away?

Old 05-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi kmj, Btw, kmj is my bff of 50 years initials & i will neverr forget your name now! Lol Ok, the main thing my dr told me was duration over strength when treating sinuses with antibiotics so i took prednisone & augmentin for 10 days then amoxicillin once a day for a month & steroid nasal spray. All antihistamines knock me out so we tried a few but i couldnt tolerate them. Thinking about why with your head tilted back the sinus pressure is relieved & why that would make a difference & all i can think of if possibly the liquid in your sinuses flows back like level?? or gravity making some change? Just guessing & i agree it does feel terrible & so irritating & im so sorry that you are having this! I hope that its over soon & the dr finds the exact cause & working treatment! If you feel wobbly again do you think your ears are affected again & are you calling the dr? I forgot to say that one of the medicines my dr prescribed was meclizine & now its available otc in motion sickness medicine, have you tried it or do you have a rx med from the dr for dizziness?

Last edited by gmak; 05-02-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Hi kmj, Btw, those are my bffvof 50 years initials & i will ner forget you now! Ok, the main thing my dr told me was duration over strength when treating sinuses with antibiotics so i took prednisone & augmentin for 10 days then amoxicillin once a day for a month & steroid nasal spray. All antihistamines knock me out so we tried a few but i couldnt tolerate them. Thinking about the head back & sinus pressure relieved position & why that would make a difference & all i can think of if possibly the liquid in your sinuses flows back like level?? or gravity making some change? Just guessing & i agree it does feel awful & im so sorry that you are having this! I hope that its over soon & the dr finds the exact cause & working treatment!
    Are you talking about my initials?

I may have to be on more meds and I have nasal steriod spray that didn't seem to help but maybe I just didn't give it enough time. I may have a blockage.

That's sounds about right. When head is back looking up at ceiling then putting it back down could be the mucus moving to level and yes gravity which is why it does it standing up so bad. Dunno how gravity works. This is the first bad sinus infection I've ever had. I think it's cause I had to wait several weeks to see dr. That was in march. Then waited to see ent now finally ct scan. I'm a nervous wreck. I have anxiety disorder which makes it even worse.

That's why I need a good treatment cause this has consumed so many things.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi kmj, Im sorry you are anxious & feel bad! Being sick does affect so many parts of our life but this is temporary even though you've been sick since march & thats a long time! But, soon the dr will know more from the CT & will treat it & you will be well again soon.Just a little bit longer! My treatment took a month but i felt better in a week.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #7
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Hi kmj, Yes i had a bad sinus infection that made me feel like this pressure especially when leaning over! Im glad you dont have pain or fever! Sometimes either allergies or infection causes the lining of sinuses to swell covering over the tiny opening that drains the sinus & pressure cant be relieved resulting in a clogged sinus & all the fluid, infection & pressure imbalance can affect the inner ear causing dizziness & affecting balance especially if its gone on for a long time which is what i had, is this what you mean by wobbly? If the dr hasnt already prescribed prescription medicine some over the counter antihistamines & decongestants can help with drying up fluid or relieving pressure & OTC motion sickness medicine helped me when i had inner ear affected & had dizziness & nausea, active ingredient meclizine or asking the pharmacist or perhaps getting a call in to the dr to see what he recommends? Im sorry you are having this mess because it does feel so miserable but it was easily fixed for me & after the dr treated me i have never had it again & i hope the same for you!
    I had ct scan done today and no tumor. Allergies and sinuses.

Last edited by Kmj023; 05-08-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kmj023 View Post
    I had ct scan done today and no tumor. Allergies and sinuses.
    Hi kmj, Thats good news, no cysts or tumors! Did dr mention infection? My son takes a prescription non sedating antihistamine daily & a cortisone nasal spray to shrink lining of sinuses & ENT recommended a saline wash daily to help his sinuses from reacting to allergens. I hope that you are feeling better now!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #9
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Well I was worried about brain tumor and was feeling better after talking to her. And came home and was deleting stuff off my phone and saw a reply to another forum and this girl had freaked me out and said she and I had same symptoms and same tumor. And to get a scan. She was also having bad headaches 6 times a day which I have not and she was throwing up and falling down. I've not puked. And not fell down. And Sometimes feel off balance. I was concerned about this type of tumor cause it's in the cerebellum. Which is the back of the brain.

The ct scan was of my sinuses and it looked like top of my head. It was a solid grey and she zoomed in and said if I had tumor it would light up. But I don't think this showed my cerebellum. I'm trying to forget what girl on the forum said.

When I saw my sinuses, she said that I had very little mucus in my maxillary sinuses which was from infection and was clearing up. She said that the frontal ones looked ok which surprised me since there's where I've felt the fullness at when standing. She said allergies. So allergies can cause pressure over eyes?

Old 05-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, the sinus has a tiny hole in the bone to drain but the sinus is lined with a mucous membrane that can inflame & swell which then can cover this hole & air pressure in your sinuses & ears cant balance out. Antihistamines stops the fluid release from histamine cells responding to try to wash away allergen like a tiny piece of pollen, my son uses the cortisone like nasal spray to try to reduce or keep lining of sinuses from swelling.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Yes, the sinus has a tiny hole in the bone to drain but the sinus is lined with a mucous membrane that can inflame & swell which then can cover this hole & air pressure in your sinuses & ears cant balance out. Antihistamines stops the fluid release from histamine cells responding to try to wash away allergen like a tiny piece of pollen, my son uses the cortisone like nasal spray to try to reduce or keep lining of sinuses from swelling.
    Ok. That makes sense. She told me to take zyrec every day and use saline wash, rinse or neti pot. It seems like all the meds I've tried just don't seem to work too well but I'm hoping Zyrtec will.

I wish I could get tumor out of my mind.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #12
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi kmj, Yes, its a good idea not to think about it because those symptoms are extremely severe & you are getting better & hopefully will continue to & this illness will all be a distant memory soon!

Old 05-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #13
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Hi kmj, Yes, its a good idea not to think about it because those symptoms are extremely severe & you are getting better & hopefully will continue to & this illness will all be a distant memory soon!
    Yeah I agree. I have looked up a lot about allergies now and when I stand up I was wondering why I felt so off and out of it and it's brain fog and allergies can cause it. You had it before?

Old 05-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi kmj, The antihistamines &/or decongestants made me feel out of it all kinds even OTC & non sedating & when my inner ear was affected by fluid i got off balance & yes i felt off like not quite right feeling like i was sick, but no brain fog.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #15
    Kmj023
    (female)

Kmj023 HB User

Quote:
    Hi kmj, The antihistamines &/or decongestants made me feel out of it all kinds even OTC & non sedating & when my inner ear was affected by fluid i got off balance & yes i felt off like not quite right feeling like i was sick, but no brain fog.
    Brain fog is pretty hard to describe. Lol. I never knew allergies and sinuses could make someone so miserable. I've had the worst post nasal drip!

Closed Thread