It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Horrible sinus pressure help? first time posting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
    CM30
    (female)

CM30 HB User
    Unhappy Horrible sinus pressure help? first time posting

Hi, This is my first time posting.I'm 30 yrs old.Roughly two wks ago I went to the e.r due to feeling offish and feeling like my vision wasn't focusing right.Also been having one sided head congestion on the left side of my head a blocked feeling in the corner of my nose that has been there over a mth now.When the pressure on the corner of nose is at full blown it puts severe pressure on my left cheek and all around the left side of my eye and across my eye it makes my vision feel not right.feels like it keeps trying to focus.I feel spaced out when this happens and not balanced.It lasts all day long and does not let up until in the evening even then it's still bothersome.The e.r dr told me I had a small sinus infection.He also said i was having an anxiety attack due to the sinus pressure on my eye.I do have anxiety and this sinus pressure is making my anxiety so bad.He gave me antibiotics which I have not taken because I feel like it's a blockage also the side effects say may cause fatal blood and serious lung problems I do not feel safe taking those. I also read antibiotics do not help for most cases of sinus infections. He did no cat scan on me nothing just injected me with an iv of saline (two bags) and an anxiety iv and pain iv.Also sent me home with 10 anxiety pills just in case for when I have a rea bad anxiety attack...said he does not like prescribing those as the side effects from getting off those pills are pretty bad.I have not taken them but they are there just in case my anxiety gets to that point.Anyways,I do netti pot it helps for a few hrs.I usually do it twice a day sometimes and it helps greatly but is not really making the problem go away.The pain on the side of my nose and cheek is so bad I also get a dull horrible pain on the side back of my left head where the congestion is and it Shifts around anywhere on my left side of head only.it puts pressure on my ear&my eye making me feel offish it's making me miserable. Is there anyone else going through similar as this? I feel so horrible.The pressure causes my left eye to go so blurry I panic but it only last a couple hrs then let's up once it gets cooler in the evening. I did just move to a dry hot climate (california) have only been here a yr and this is my first summer here.I have lived in Indiana all my life.Do you think the drastic climate change could be doing this? I have not really been outside at all this summer because the heat is too much for me.I get heat rashes and feel bad after I go for just a ten minute walk so I have been inside mostly all summer. Please Send me some input.I have had sinus problems since I was a teenager but not ever this bad..

Last edited by CM30; 07-17-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Horrible sinus pressure help? first time posting

Yes, you need to take the antibiotic. Continue twice daily with the neti pot. Also, you need to get allergy testing. It sounds like you may simply have allergic or non allergic rhinitis. Very common. And this year has been tough weather wise for sinus issues.

Closed Thread