It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinusitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
    shoe43
    (female)

shoe43 HB User
    Sinusitis

Can you have a sinus infection without fever or mucus? I have had a headache and sinus pressure for a few weeks. The Dr. gave me Cipro for 10 days. It didn't seem to do much. Then she gave me ZPak, seemed to help some. Then my top teeth started hurting so I went to the dentist. He took x-rays and said he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. He said he wasn't a fan or Cipro or ZPak so he gave me a prescription for penicillin 500 mg 4x a day. I started that this morning. I guess what I'm asking, has anyone had this much trouble getting over a sinus infection? Do any of you smoke and does that add to the problem. I am one of those dreadful smokers.
    Thank you for any help you can give me. Oh yes, also using Flonase.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Sinusitis

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shoe43 View Post
    Can you have a sinus infection without fever or mucus?
    When I was younger, I used to get 3-4 sinus infections every year. I never got a fever or a headache. I would get clogged up, with sore sinuses and ugly, nasty sinus discharge. As the days went by without antibiotics, it would clog more, get nastier and thicker and more uncomfortable, and I would feel very sick.

Quote:
    Oh yes, also using Flonase.
    Flonase will reduce congestion, and relieve symptoms, and can mask an infection. I got so tired of taking Amoxicillin for multiple annual sinus infections that I used Flonase to mask the symptoms. I wound up with worse non-allergic asthma!

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Sinusitis

Hi,

I suffered awful Sinus problems one year that lasted for almost six weeks.
    If you suffer more in the summer than the winter then it could be allergy related. For congestion and presure over the sinuses I took "Sudafed" which did help also "Zirtek" if its allergy related.
    When I had my Sinus infection I had awful sensation over my top teeth they all ached even though there was nothing wrong with them.
    I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread