It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Allergic Fungal Sinusitis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
    PabloHoneyR
    (male)

PabloHoneyR HB User
    Smile Allergic Fungal Sinusitis?

So I'm a 18 year old male and I have smoe weird symptoms for two years now.
    Those symptoms are: Head and facial pressure, some eye pain and dry eyes, and i also have some vision trouble in right eye, loss of visual acuity and LOTS of floaters. By the way, i've been seen by a ophtalmologist and he said my eye was fine. I also have sometimes runny nose. So I've done a lot of exams and all came back normal, until last week when my imunoglobulin E level was seriously increased., so i must be allergic to something i really dont know what as for now. My doctor thinks i might have any kind of allergic sinusitis, maybe allergic fungal sinusitis. For what I've seen in the internet my symptoms match. I forgot to mention that my right eye is sunken like 1.5 mm deeper than the left, i think its caused by bony erosion\destruction, I can feel that the bonés in the left and right eye orbits are very diferente, the right orbit boné seems eroded, thats probably why my eye is sunken. I know bone destruction can be caused by Allergic fungal sinusitis. So my question is, if it's confirmed i have allergic fungal sinusitis and it's succesfully treated will the bone recover itself and my eye be pushed back out, or will i have to go on reconstructive surgery? I seriosuly look like a freak, it's really notorious the difference between both eyes, i'm very self-conscious about it.
    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post and my poor english...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
    Jackrorabbit
    (male)

Jackrorabbit HB User
    Re: Allergic Fungal Sinusitis?

Ask your doctor on this one. Likely no bone re growth, but surgery can be done to fix it.

Closed Thread