It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus or something else???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
    charliem1010
    (female)

charliem1010 HB User
    Sinus or something else???

Hello,
    This is my second post and I am really trying to figure out what is going on in my head. I have been in so much pain that I am barely able to function. This started with a strange smell in my nose and in the last two months I think I have tried every medicine know to stop it but nothing seems to help. I have been on Flonase, Allegra D, Prednisone, 3 different antibiotics, Zyrtec, Claretin, aspirin, Aleve, nothing helps. I have severe sinus pain and pressure that hurts the bridge of my nose and ear pain and pressure (feels like my ears are sizzling constantly) affecting my hearing, it is making my whole face numb and painful as well. Sometimes the pain radiates down both sides of my face (along the jaw line. my face feels swelled and I can't sleep on my right side because when I wake up my right eye feels weird like swelled and out of place. (this has also affected my vision, I can't read anything without glasses.) I just feel really sick and weak all of the time. most days I don't even bother to get up. I guess my question is, if this were a sinus infection or something shouldn't it have cleared up by now? And shouldn't this all this medicine be helping? or could it be something else??? I have also had neck pain and shoulder pain, and this strange numb pain on the left side of my back in the middle for a long time (my whole ribcage feels numb on the left) but this may not be related. My nose also runs 24/7 with a watery discharge and the strange smell is still there too. So if it's not sinus related, what could it be? Any help would be really appreciated because this pain is getting to be too much. Thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
    Jackrorabbit
    (male)

Jackrorabbit HB User
    Re: Sinus or something else???

I don't know, but I'll give you a list of possibilities. Could be an extreme allergy that requires more than the simple OTC dr drugs, but requires shots to boost immune system. I hope this is it, the others get less pleasant.

2. Could be a "hole" in your sinus, letting brain fluid drain out. This is extremely rare and normally follows an accident or sinus surgery gone wrong. Not likely to just happen.

3. Could be an autoimmune disease.

4. Could be a spinal misalignment, this is a relatively easy thing, if you find a good spinal manipulation chiropractor.

These are my best guesses. You know your body, so go with your gut on this one.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
    charliem1010
    (female)

charliem1010 HB User

Jackrorabbit,
    I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I am still having terrible symptoms and now I am numb on the left side. I seem to have really bad flare ups in between misery. I do have an appt. with a neurologist soon and I hope they can help cause I can't keep living like this, I;m not even able to function. Thanks again....

Old 08-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You really need to go to an ENT and get a CT scan of sinuses. It could be an infection that the antibiotics didn't eliminate, like pseudomonas or fungal. Tumors can occur in sinuses as well. This is clearly something serious enough to warrant a full work-up to find the cause. Cultures should be done in addition to the CT scan, including fungal cultures. I hope you get help right away. Sinus infections can lead to brain abcesses and blood clots in brain, so nothing to fool with. I wouldn't even hesitate to go to ER just to get the workup started now and not delay.

Closed Thread