It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Please help me ... Severe sinus complications Miserable :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2014, 01:00 AM   #1
    CM30
    (female)

CM30 HB User
    Unhappy Please help me ... Severe sinus complications Miserable :(

I have been dealing with severe very bothersome sinus complications. I went to E.R 2mths ago they told me I had a tiny sinus infection. I have had Sinusitis all my life.i recently moved to California a year ago and about 6 mths in is when my sinuses changed for the worse.It started with my left corner of my nose being blocked/pressure for mths, now I have severe pressure radiating from corner of my nose into my cheek it puts pressure on my eye and is very painful most of the time. I also get plugged up ears mainly my left ear but it Shifts from my left to right most the clogged up feeling is on my left ear along with the congestion/pressure that is mainly on the left side of my nose, face&head.The pressure makes me feel spaced out.The pressure can get so severe that I get nausea sometimes. I had a severe congestion feeling headache about a wk ago lasted all day made my ears plugged up, had a tight pressure band congestion feeling on top of head,severe pain especially on my cheek/eye.I have the same thing again tonight except this time it seems to have increased in intensity. When i lay down it hurts because it feels like the whole left side of my head is swollen up.I have a tiny bump on my head also I've had it for a few mths.no pain but since I been getting these headaches the bump has been aggravated I think due to the swollen congestion. I feel like i have a severe blockage.i also feel liquid running out of my ears once the pressure let's off my stuffed up ear.my left ear has been stuffed up for mths.I so do have anxiety&stress.These sinus issues have caused my anxiety to go overboard. Can someone please help me? I have been having a lot of days crying so bad because this sinus congestion makes me feel so spacey and not well.I can barely function a normal daily activity much anymore without feeling miserable.Please help let me understand what I'm going through..

Last edited by CM30; 08-22-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
    marsbonfire29
    (male)

marsbonfire29 HB User
    Re: Please help me ... Severe sinus complications Miserable :(

Hey yo.....

If I were you, I'd be on my way to the Emergency Room for an MRI. A bump means there is a higher than average likelihood of having a mucocele that could be pressing outward due to potentially infectious fluids filling it and looking for an escape route (think boil). Avoid a total disaster by going to the emergency room stat before this possibly breaks and the fluids enter your skull and brain. I wish you the best and have been there myself.

Peace

Old 08-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
    CM30
    (female)

CM30 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marsbonfire29 View Post
    Hey yo.....

If I were you, I'd be on my way to the Emergency Room for an MRI. A bump means there is a higher than average likelihood of having a mucocele that could be pressing outward due to potentially infectious fluids filling it and looking for an escape route (think boil). Avoid a total disaster by going to the emergency room stat before this possibly breaks and the fluids enter your skull and brain. I wish you the best and have been there myself.

Peace
    Omg that scares me so bad because all this time I've been thinking what if I'm getting brain abscess or or fluid bump..when I posted this the bump on my head felt so inflammed because of all the congestion pressure on the bump I only mainly get it on my left side of head.ive been getting blocked up stuffy feeling on left side for mths never really travels to the right side.When this bump was feeling so inflammed I couldn't lay my head flat on my pillow for a few days it has subsided since then.Now I get shifting pressure from my left side of head to top of my head when it hits all those spots especially on my cheek and inside my ear it makes me feel like I'm moving and off and I end up having anxiety attacks because the moving feeling mimics them. I swear I feel like i have a severe blockage because it mostly starts with my left corner of nose and the more blocked n inflammed it gets through the day the more the other things flare up.I just can't handle this anymore it's ruining my life and causing me relationship problems because I'm always complaining to my bf and i know it can be hell living with someone who is always complaining...this stuff just makes you feel like complete crap.Ive had sinusitis my whole life I've never had anything this bad.I think it's because I moved to a dry hot climate (CA) Can this sinus stuff really make you feel this horrible? Please tell me I'm not the only one going through this..

Old 08-29-2014, 03:52 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Are you taking an antihistamine? Using a saline sinus spray (Ayr, Ocean, etc) or a neti pot? Sounds like you need to see an allergist or ENT at the least.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
    marsbonfire29
    (male)

marsbonfire29 HB User

Dude...

You gotta go to the hospital...Your head and face are screaming at you to go do that. Delay will ONLY allow the underlying problem to fester and grow worse--if it's something that's non-life threatening, you may only need to receive something like a series of antibiotics to take care of it. DON'T put this off any longer!! I didn't have the luxury of time: on the morning of March 31, 2011 I awoke with a BAD case of orbital cellulitis--orbital cellulitis is a medical emergency that REQUIRES a hospital visit, a CAT scan and--most likely surgery. My surgeon said to me: "I can't force you to go to surgery....but if you don't, when you come back--AND YOU WILL COME BACK--I'll be taking out your left eye". I work at the IRS during tax season. On the walls you see posters saying: "Don't let it happen to you". Do the right thing--Don't let this one happen to you and bring on lifetime consequences--regardless of fear. And something else I'll promise you: that when it's over you will feel pride in yourself that you never felt before--Why? Because you overcame fear and did the right thing for yourself. DON'T DELAY! Got it?

Peace

Old 08-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
    CM30
    (female)

CM30 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Are you taking an antihistamine? Using a saline sinus spray (Ayr, Ocean, etc) or a neti pot? Sounds like you need to see an allergist or ENT at the least.
    I've tried nose spray, netti pot has been a daily routine for me stopped using it for awhile because my ears would fill up with more pressure then what has been there over the past few mths.Neti pot helps for a few hrs but flares right back up.Ive been thinking I need an allergy test because I think I'm allergic to something and I'm not comprehending because I don't know what it is and granted that I just moved to California a year ago is when i started having all these problems a few mths in of being here. It has to be something in the air or elsewhere.Im told sinus suffers have it the worse out here in california I do think it's an allergy.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
    CM30
    (female)

CM30 HB User

Quote:
    Dude...

You gotta go to the hospital...Your head and face are screaming at you to go do that. Delay will ONLY allow the underlying problem to fester and grow worse--if it's something that's non-life threatening, you may only need to receive something like a series of antibiotics to take care of it. DON'T put this off any longer!! I didn't have the luxury of time: on the morning of March 31, 2011 I awoke with a BAD case of orbital cellulitis--orbital cellulitis is a medical emergency that REQUIRES a hospital visit, a CAT scan and--most likely surgery. My surgeon said to me: "I can't force you to go to surgery....but if you don't, when you come back--AND YOU WILL COME BACK--I'll be taking out your left eye". I work at the IRS during tax season. On the walls you see posters saying: "Don't let it happen to you". Do the right thing--Don't let this one happen to you and bring on lifetime consequences--regardless of fear. And something else I'll promise you: that when it's over you will feel pride in yourself that you never felt before--Why? Because you overcame fear and did the right thing for yourself. DON'T DELAY! Got it?

Peace
    I am sorry that happened to you..I must tell you.I have severe anxiety and on top of this sinus thing IF ITS THE PROBLEM..I cant tell if the increased anxiety/anxiety attacks are linked to my sinus problem. Today and yesterday I've been feeling like everything is moving and my vision has been blurring in and out .I also stumbled a few times.i can't tell if it was because of my high heel sandals or because the sinus pressure was throwing me off bad.Its always a very heavy feeling only on the left side of my head.Today scared me though I've never felt that off Balanced..then again when I was a teenager I was always dizzy like room spinning for hrs kind of dizzy.Went to the Dr for it he said my frontal maxillary was full or something and that I had sinusitis that was causing the dizziness. So I've had this my whole life.Im now 30 about to be 31 in a wk.Im thinking it might be time to get a surgery. I almost went to e.r today but I kept telling myself that it's just my anxiety messing with me. i also have a small rash on my neck along my throat so I'm thinking I'm stressed and overly tensed bringing up and trigging more sinus issues m Who knows. I try to refuse going to the hospital because I had to watch my mother die for 2wks at a hospital. When i went to the e.r 2mths ago.I was having a bad anxiety attack the moment I entered the door. They had to keep me from 5 - midnight trying to get my heart rate down because it was still up even with anxiety med they gave me.they did ekg to make sure I was ok.My bf had to tell them I don't like hospitals they said maybe I'll feel better once I leave and let me go and I calmed down after I left.Anyway , please keep us in the loop.

Last edited by mod85; 09-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #8
    CM30
    (female)

CM30 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Please help me ... Severe sinus complications Miserable :(

[QUOTE marsbonfire29;5313458]Dude...

Peace

[/QUOTE]
    Sooo I finally went to the e.r because I could not handle the blurring out of my vision anymore. The dr told me my sinus pathways are just swollen and a little red he gave me a prescription for Claritin & Sudafed he said that should dry me up also told me to drink more water.He said the bump on my head was a swollen lymph node from my allergies. He says I'm too pretty and young (although I'm 31) to be having health problems that I'm healthy don't have cancer & to stop fearing I have the worse outcome.He also said to make a follow up dr appt with my dr because he thinks I need to talk to my dr about Anxiety & maybe talk about getting therapy so I have someone to sit& talk to.He says my health problems are from underlying issues causing me anxiety.
    I told him about the blocked ear feeling he looked in my ears & said they are normal! My ears make me feel crummy though. he told me the throat is connected to the ear canals & when my throat swells up from my allergies it causes the popping fullness etc in my ears.
    I don't see how allergies can cause such bad blurriness from sinus pressure or how allergies can cause a swollen lymph node on side of my head although it is only a size of a pea..this is just all confusing& really making me think I'm a nutcase

Last edited by mod85; 09-01-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
    marsbonfire29
    (male)

marsbonfire29 HB User

Dude....you had me worried...If it can be cleared up with Claritin & Sudafed....get on with your bad self!! Now that you FINALLY went...you can breath a big sigh of RELIEF due to the fact that surgery is NOT ON THE MENU. Sometimes we completely PSYCH OURSELVES OUT of having our desires met--and health is clearly one of those desires. Absent that, you, and I and everyone else is in deep--normal life was we experience it is simply not possible without health--ESPECIALLY in Cali. My hometown prior to coming to Austin was Sunnyvale, Ca (94086) and the cost of living in Silicon Valley for normal working "stiffs" is ATROCIOUS. In Texas, we don't have a Franchise Tax Board breathing down our backs along with the boys in Fresno. And if you ARE in Cali, I know you SIMPLY HAVE TO HAVE something going for yourself or you might be FLAT (as in pancake) BROKE. Financially, I purchased Obamacare Health coverage on 10/4 of last year and have to believe that it was an excellent move. And although I believe that, count on the fact that Obamacare WILL BE ENFORCED. There is simply TOO MUCH in terms of verification built-into it: the IRS and Experian have been integrated to double check an applicant thru the Fed's tax system as well as thru Experian's income/credit recording. You want an Obamacare premium subsidy?? The exchange will be verifying you "truthfulness" in terms of your application for coverage. But however important the financial aspects of life are--they HAVE TO BE secondary to our health. My first visit to the hospital REQUIRED me to get over 1.the fear; and 2.the wishful thinking in terms of the belief that my immune system alone could take care of the problem. Sometimes getting over that "hump" (or bump) is the worst part and we end up kicking ourselves for being so fearful. I'm happy for you in terms of the better than expected news from your physician and I hope you'll see this as a learning experience and if and when you have to face an unsettling obstacle that it won't cause you as much anxiety. We would miss out of much of life if we demanded perfection first before we jumped in. Sometimes all question marks can't be eliminated and we have to rely on our own resources to stay the course in the event surprises are encountered on the way down. I do wish you the VERY BEST and thank you for communicating with me. Stop psyching yourself out and let your inner light shine! Come on in..he water's fine...we're waiting for you (and the wait's getting bothersome)!! Peace!

Last edited by marsbonfire29; 09-02-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
    CM30
    (female)

CM30 HB User

Quote:
    Dude....you had me worried...If it can be cleared up with Claritin & Sudafed....get on with your bad self!! Now that you FINALLY went...you can breath a big sigh of RELIEF due to the fact that surgery is NOT ON THE MENU. Sometimes we completely PSYCH OURSELVES OUT of having our desires met--and health is clearly one of those desires. Absent that, you, and I and everyone else is in deep--normal life was we experience it is simply not possible without health--ESPECIALLY in Cali. My hometown prior to coming to Austin was Sunnyvale, Ca (94086) and the cost of living in Silicon Valley for normal working "stiffs" is ATROCIOUS. In Texas, we don't have a Franchise Tax Board breathing down our backs along with the boys in Fresno. And if you ARE in Cali, I know you SIMPLY HAVE TO HAVE something going for yourself or you might be FLAT (as in pancake) BROKE. Financially, I purchased Obamacare Health coverage on 10/4 of last year and have to believe that it was an excellent move. And although I believe that, count on the fact that Obamacare WILL BE ENFORCED. There is simply TOO MUCH in terms of verification built-into it: the IRS and Experian have been integrated to double check an applicant thru the Fed's tax system as well as thru Experian's income/credit recording. You want an Obamacare premium subsidy?? The exchange will be verifying you "truthfulness" in terms of your application for coverage. But however important the financial aspects of life are--they HAVE TO BE secondary to our health. My first visit to the hospital REQUIRED me to get over 1.the fear; and 2.the wishful thinking in terms of the belief that my immune system alone could take care of the problem. Sometimes getting over that "hump" (or bump) is the worst part and we end up kicking ourselves for being so fearful. I'm happy for you in terms of the better than expected news from your physician and I hope you'll see this as a learning experience and if and when you have to face an unsettling obstacle that it won't cause you as much anxiety. We would miss out of much of life if we demanded perfection first before we jumped in. Sometimes all question marks can't be eliminated and we have to rely on our own resources to stay the course in the event surprises are encountered on the way down. I do wish you the VERY BEST and thank you for communicating with me. Stop psyching yourself out and let your inner light shine! Come on in..he water's fine...we're waiting for you (and the wait's getting bothersome)!! Peace!
    I know what you mean about thinking that your immune system can take care of certain sickness by itself.Im one who believes in the body taking its natural course and clearing the problem on its own.Im really glad I didn't take the antibiotics they gave me my first hospital visit because when I went this time the dr said I'm very glad you did not take them because they would have made you more sick.
    Yes it's very expensive to live here.How long did you live in CA before you relocated? and as far as health insurance I wasn't signed up yet so the first time I went to the e.r They gave me a medical card.Sent me papers to set up my insurance and even let me pick what kind of insurance..Dr & dentist I wanted so I now have dental& Dr insurance. The dr at the hospital just checked my nose, ears, breathing & felt the bump on my head and said it's a swollen lymph node.I am still worried about the swollen lymph node on my head.Its not so swollen now.I have been taking my Claritin prescription and starting to tell myself some medicine is not all that bad and actually helps alot.I still need a dr follow up I'm sure I'll maybe find out more then...but this sinus stuff is miserable to go through.i did not know allergies can make your vision blur.. shrugs.I am coping though and I want to thank you because you encouraged me to go to e.r and I'm glad I finally did.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
    marsbonfire29
    (male)

marsbonfire29 HB User

I bit the bullet on Obamacare here in Texas. However, each COUNTY (not state) has their own personalized form of Obamacare relevant to its own needs and laws. What might be happening in--for example--Sacramento County might not be happening here and vice versa. One thing to keep in mind is that with Obamacare, your insurance company must provide proof of coverage prior to your being able to file your taxes. Your situation; however, may mean a different set of circumstances. I'm sure with the new coverage your situation will improve. Possibly that was one of the main reasons it was implemented to begin with: to head dangerous situations off early and minimize the damage.

Peace

Closed Thread