It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Have you tried any unconvential treatments for a deviated symptom?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
    wowzers
    (male)

wowzers HB User
    Have you tried any unconvential treatments for a deviated symptom?

I haven't been able to breath through my left nostril for about as long as I can remember; my right nostril isn't much better. Neti pots don't help at all, Nasacort and other similar sprays don't help either (seeing as I can't snort it into my nostril since I can't breath through the nostril in the first place). I take Sudafed every now and then and Allegra/Zyrtec - D (which has sudafed) and they don't help either. Antihistamines don't do anything. I get at least a sinus infection per year, suffer from bad morning gunk/breath that I'm sure has something to do with the nostrils being clogged, and other issues that may be related (congested ears for instance). For the most part I've been a mouth breather forever, only very occasionally can I breath through my nose comfortably and every time it happens I feel like I'm on drugs or something it's so nice!

I don't really know for certain if I have a deviated septum, but it seems like a good possibility based on these symptoms. What other things should I try to solve this problem aside from surgery? Just interested in hearing about things I maybe haven't tried yet. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Have you tried any unconvential treatments for a deviated symptom?

If you have a deviated septum causing all this, nothing but surgery is going to help. Your nose is deformed and blocking your breathing. You can't move bone and cartilege without operating. See an ENT and find out what's going on. It could be many things but till you find out, we can't really help you.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:04 AM   #3
    rohinim
    (female)

rohinim HB User
    Re: Have you tried any unconvential treatments for a deviated symptom?

Hi wowster...... i have a deviated nasal Septem too. My left nostril is always blocked and my right barely opens. I use all possible meds for that. Still no use. I often breath through mouth. I often get cold and have heavy head feeling and times find it hard to concentrate.
    As far as I have tried. Yoga is a good alternative. Try 'Pranayama'. Also 'Pankajakasthuri Breath Easy' granules is a natural supplement help in breathing. I've heard a lot of people having good results from it.

Closed Thread