It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

Sinus or Allergy - What can I do?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
littlechickpea
(female)

littlechickpea HB User
Sinus or Allergy - What can I do?

Hi, I'm posting this because although I've been seeing doctors, I'm loosing faith that they will find out what's wrong, they seemed pretty stumped today.

I've had headaches that started two years ago, they were so bad I couldn't sleep. They were only at night. They've evolved to be less so at night but generally during the day. If I stand up from my chair at work often I'll get a headache on the top of my head. Now I'm sitting down I have a headache on the top of my head, I've had this headache since yesterday and painkillers don't seem to help. I have mild tinnitus in my ears and my eyes are sore. I used to get a feeling like my throat was really swollen but less so these days. My chest feels tight quite a bit and sounds kinda wheezy when I breath all the way out. Often I feel pressure in my head. It may or may not be related but a year go I started getting a skin condition where my skin would feel tingly (randomly) and when i touched it, the skin would come up red and burn - like a sting.

What I don't have - The doc did skin allergy tests nothing came up. ENT guy stuck a camera up my nose and said its slightly irritated. I've been on antibiotics and they did nothing. I tried over the counter anti-histamines which didn't work. Got tested for asthma and don't have that. Now waiting for blood tests. I've tried nasal rinse - it's painful and doesn't seem to do much. Also my doctor said I didn't have a sinus infection because nothing "gunky" and colored comes out of my nose.

I'm desperate for any suggestions for what to try, even just to get rid of the headaches - thats the worst thing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
ChuckStr
Veteran
(male)

ChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB UserChuckStr HB User
Re: Sinus or Allergy - What can I do?

Headaches like you describe have a large differential diagnosis. Headaches later in the day especially with positional change can be due to sinus issues. You can have chronic sinus (and in fact acute sinus problems) without having colored drainage. If you go back to your ENT perhaps you should discuss a sinus CT. This would tell you if there is a current infection or structural anomalies that would make chronic issues more likely.

It is possible also, that your headaches are due to neurological issues such as migraines. Perhaps a referral to a good neurologist is in order to see what they can turn up.

Good luck and let us know how it goes...

Closed Thread

Tags
allergy, sinus, sinusitis