It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus issue concerns

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2015, 03:29 AM   #1
    llagin
    (female)

llagin HB User
    Sinus issue concerns

Hi All,
    going to see the ENT today... but have been having some symptoms that I am not sure are related... was wondering what you think and how you deal with these.

I have had sinus/allergy issues for years.... about 2 years ago I went to the ENT and he told me I had to live with my eustachian tube disfunction or have surgery. This was not an option then and is probably not an option now... I am breastfeeding and hoping to get pregnant again soon

I have been to the doctor so much for sinus issues it is frustrating...
    I have vertigo/diziness on and off
    my head feels like if it was not attached to my neck it would take off like a balloon
    my left ear has had an infection (on second round of antibiotics) for about 3 weeks
    My left eye has been itchy/allergy inflamed and sore all around it for 3 months
    I often wake up with headaches which feel worse when laying down or bending over and very from being right above my eyes and around my forehead to across the top of my head and feeling like someone is squeezing my head.
    I sometimes feel like the the entire left side of my face is numb (i can still feel it when I touch it)
    My teeth hurt sometimes
    I have jaw pain

it sucks...

I used a humidifier for the first time in sometime last night and it seemed to help a bit with the headache.

I at the moment do not have any congestion in my nose (i feel like it's all just stuck in my head and won't leave )

anyone else experience these symptoms? any suggestions on home remedies or possible natural remedies?
    I don't want to be on meds for the rest of my life (take Flonase as needed) and would rather not have surgery.

but i am so tired of feeling like garbage every morning

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
    Auroranimbus
    Inactive
    (female)

Auroranimbus HB User
    Re: Sinus issue concerns

You say you have dizzines/vertigo? I used to live in Cape Cod Mass. One summer I came to upstate New York to visit my mom. I went to bed crying that night and woke up the next day feeling very strange that the only way I could describe it is dizzy. I went to an ENT had a cat scan and the radiologist's, not the doctor said I had chronic sinusitis. After the CT they had me sit down with the actual doctor and he looked up my nose with a tiny light and said I don't have chronic sinusitis just a slight deviated septum and the dizziness I'm describing might be psychological, which made me feel like I was crazy. So any who i was wondering this dizziness your having, is it chronic, never going away, feels like you're in a dream, or in a fog?

Old 03-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
    llagin
    (female)

llagin HB User

Oh my gosh I never saw this...
    but
    I guess its chronic... its still going on, not all the time, I think i might have a deviated septum too. I kind of feel like I am in a fog, but I don't feel like I will lose balance etc...

Old 03-24-2015, 04:10 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

How are you managing your allergies? Have you had testing? Which meds? Havve you considered allergy shots? Sounds like you just need to get them under control. Use a sinus rinse? You might also try Breathe Right nasal strips at bedtime along with an bit of Ayr gel in each nostril. That keeps me from getting stopped up when I sleep. The humidifier is a great help too in winter when the heat gets the house so dry.

Closed Thread

Tags
    remedies, sinusitis