It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Anyone Used Nebulizer For Sinusitis With Success?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
    thalos2688
    (male)

thalos2688 HB User
    Anyone Used Nebulizer For Sinusitis With Success?

Hello,

I have chronic sinusitis and have been through all of the typical treatments - nasal irrigation, corticosteroid nasal sprays, allergy meds, etc, but none seem to help my symptoms. I am getting immunotherapy injections but it will take time and they actually make me worse on shot days.

My GP suggested looking into a nebulizer designed specifically for sinuses. It makes sense to me since my problem is inflammation of the sinuses and it doesn't seem like the nasal sprays are getting the steroid to my sinuses effectively. Breathing a steroid mist deep into my sinuses just makes sense. I asked my ENT about it and he said he "hasn't seen any effective use" with his patients. However I have heard about another ENT (2 month wait list to get in) that believes in them.

So I thought I would ask this board for any opinions, good or bad. Has anyone used a nebulizer with steroids to treat sinusitis symptoms successfully?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
    sunshineTerri
    (female)

sunshineTerri HB User
    Thumbs down Re: Anyone Used Nebulizer For Sinusitis With Success?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thalos2688 View Post
    Hello,

I have chronic sinusitis and have been through all of the typical treatments - nasal irrigation, corticosteroid nasal sprays, allergy meds, etc, but none seem to help my symptoms. I am getting immunotherapy injections but it will take time and they actually make me worse on shot days.

My GP suggested looking into a nebulizer designed specifically for sinuses. It makes sense to me since my problem is inflammation of the sinuses and it doesn't seem like the nasal sprays are getting the steroid to my sinuses effectively. Breathing a steroid mist deep into my sinuses just makes sense. I asked my ENT about it and he said he "hasn't seen any effective use" with his patients. However I have heard about another ENT (2 month wait list to get in) that believes in them.

So I thought I would ask this board for any opinions, good or bad. Has anyone used a nebulizer with steroids to treat sinusitis symptoms successfully?

Thanks.
    Hi
    I just got a prescription that I will be starting. My prescription is Pulmicort Nebuamp budesonide suspension for inhaler, dose 0.125mg which is a steroid. My ENT said that I should put the medicine into a Neti Pot along with the saline solution for inflammation and rinse my nose 2 a day. I have never heard of this type of treatment. I need to do this for about 2months. I will let you know if it works.I to have used various other treatments that didn't work just like you.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
    thalos2688
    (male)

thalos2688 HB User
    Re: Anyone Used Nebulizer For Sinusitis With Success?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunshineTerri View Post
    Hi
    I just got a prescription that I will be starting. My prescription is Pulmicort Nebuamp budesonide suspension for inhaler, dose 0.125mg which is a steroid. My ENT said that I should put the medicine into a Neti Pot along with the saline solution for inflammation and rinse my nose 2 a day. I have never heard of this type of treatment. I need to do this for about 2months. I will let you know if it works.I to have used various other treatments that didn't work just like you.
    Thanks for the reply. Please let me know how it works for you.

I have an appointment next week with the ENT that uses the nebulizer therapy - I will update you if I start the treatment as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
    nebulizer, sinusitis, steroids