It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Allergies all my life need some advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
    Manny13840
    (male)

Manny13840 HB User
    Sinus Allergies all my life need some advice

Does Alavert D help with Post Nasal drip? I was sick 3 weeks ago, when to the doctor who specializes for nose ears and throat in Nuevo Laredo Mexico (Mexico has better doctors compare to our city lol) got treated for sinusitis got 2 shots of antibiotics to treat the infection. Got better and my stuff nose went away.. But got post nasal drip after, like I feel mucus going back to my throat a little bit more than normal usually I like spit it out to see the color always clear but sometimes swallowing it when around people, and when I sleep now only my right side nostril gets stuffed every night no matter what side I sleep, the other nostril I breathe perfectly fine, during the day both nostrils are perfectly fine. I was thinking it was Gerd, but reading about gerd is that I need to have a heart burn or like a heating sensation of my chest if I did have gerd.. All my life I have suffered of Sinus problems doctor told me mostly because of Allergies, I don't know what causes it but I get it all my life like 5 times a year mostly during the fall to winter season. I called my doctor and told him what I was feeling that my right nostril gets stuffy when I sleep and I feel mucus or phlegm going to my throat more than normal he prescribed me Alavert D to help it out and to use Saline spray or drops to help clean my nostrils..

Also On September I got sick went to the doctor's son he is also a doctor at his same place and he said I had allergies causing the Sinuses to act up and he got me allergy medicine then went to vacations and came back and I got sick again same month but worse got a slight fever and went another Doctor and he said that my allergies caused a infection maybe I didn't take care of my allergies so I got 4 shots to take next 4 days of anti biotics and got better and then in December again got sick but just took a medication from mexico and it helped big time within some days got better then 3 weeks ago got sick again no major headaches just sore throat and coughing a lot of phlegm and mucus out and then got sick like stuffy nose and all.. Hate it because all my life I suffered from Sinus problems, I started a diet last week because I was thinking it could be gerd because I get more phlegm after I eat. But I never suffered from gerd. But through I want to get healthier so I started a diet and want to loose weight aiming at least 40 to 50 lbs, I'm 6 feet tall and I'm at 255 I was at 277 last year but lost weight and now I want to keep it going so maybe if I'm more healthier probably I won't have so much sinus problems, does being healthier help get rid of my sinus problems

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Sinus Allergies all my life need some advice

WEll, first you need to get your allergies under control with a daily med or allery injections. Zyrtec is a good daily med and is very cheap OTC.

Next for the stuffed up nose at bedtime, Breathe Right Nasal strips. I promise! They work. i have to use them all winter long because my sinuses get stuffed up with the heat on.

And do use the saline spray morning and night as well.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

WEll, first you need to get your allergies under control with a daily med or allery injections. Zyrtec is a good daily med and is very cheap OTC.

Next for the stuffed up nose at bedtime, Breathe Right Nasal strips. I promise! They work. i have to use them all winter long because my sinuses get stuffed up with the heat on.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
    Manny13840
    (male)

Manny13840 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post

Thanks! Yea heard Zrytec is good but doc prescribed me to use Alavert D instead. Need to check on those nasal strips too! Thanks for the help!! Appreciate it!

Closed Thread