It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinus issue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
    gjb616
    (female)

gjb616 HB User
    sinus issue

Just went to my doctor yesterday. complaining of lightheadedness (which by the way has been going on for the past three months) and headaches which are located behind my eyes and upper part of my nose for about the past five weeks.. she looked into my ears and said i have liquid behind them and pressure. The doctor prescribed me prednisone, zyrtec and meclizine. the thing is I don't know when these meds are suppose to kick in. I took them yesterday and I took them today, which by the way i feel horrible still so lightheaded and headachey. does anyone know how fast these meds should kick in. when can i expect some relief, it really is messing my life up being lightheaded all the time. i don't want to go anywhere for fear i may pass out. also does anyone know if there is something i could do at home which would help out too. i already sleep with a vaporizer with vicks by my bed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2015, 10:14 PM   #2
    Manny13840
    (male)

Manny13840 HB User
    Well 3 three weeks ago I got sinusitis always suffered from it all my life went to my doctor and he helped me and i always get like 4 days later and I did but now for some reason which never has happened before even before I got sick is one of my nostrils get congested when I sleep i feel it when I wake up and its not always the one I'm laying on, and weird its just one side my other nostril breathes perfectly fine, when I'm up during the day i can breathe from both of them, but i feel some mucus more than usual going back to my throat and it makes swallow a lot of saliva or spit privately of course went to another doc a family medicine doc on Thursday , he sent me to get xrays and prescribed me prednisone too. My other doc said to me to drink alavert D and doc on Thursday also said drink alavert d he was about to prescribe me claritin D but said keep drinking the alavert d12 but only at nights so it can help with the congested side whichever it is lol anyways I have a appointment for my xray results on Thursday upcoming week.. I hope they find something so they can fix it not to sound all negative but if they can't find anything then maybe I'm still trying to recover from my sinusitis from 3 weeks ago? Just took a day in half off from work can't miss a lot.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
    gjb616
    (female)

gjb616 HB User
    Re: sinus issue

I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering too. I hope you can get some relief soon. My doctor didn't exactly say what my diagnosis is except for the liquid behind ear and pressure. got to love the doctors though, throw you a few prescriptions and than you go and still have to suffer while they are feeling fine. sorry just had a rant there. i just have never had this before and i want it to go away already. i already suffer from panic attacks so you can only imagine how much i loathe what is going on in my body. do you feel like the presnidone has helped. and how can you you tell when the liquid and pressure are gone, are you just not dizzy and headachey any more. I Just don't know.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
    gjb616
    (female)

gjb616 HB User

so i just found out that you can purchase meclizine otc. I didn't know that even existed. if you look into motion sickness pills where the main ingredient is meclizine and there ya go. I'm gonna head to cvs and pick some up. HOpe this helps someone who is suffering from vertigo, whether from inner ear problems or just generally

Old 02-02-2015, 03:42 AM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It can take several days till the meds kick in enough toshow improvement. No overnight cure. In a week you should seen some definite improvement. But the inflammation sounds fairly entrenched.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
    gjb616
    (female)

gjb616 HB User

I was at the doctors on the 29th so its been five days. although i did start treatment the day i was at the doctors. i realize there is no quick fix but after being dizzy for the past three months i just want it to go on its merry way, never to return. today was the last day i was on prednisone so now i'm still on meclizine and zyrtec. not feeling much relief. today had a really bad headache which while having it caused some pain in my ears. not sure what that is about.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #7
    Manny13840
    (male)

Manny13840 HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gjb616 View Post
    I was at the doctors on the 29th so its been five days. although i did start treatment the day i was at the doctors. i realize there is no quick fix but after being dizzy for the past three months i just want it to go on its merry way, never to return. today was the last day i was on prednisone so now i'm still on meclizine and zyrtec. not feeling much relief. today had a really bad headache which while having it caused some pain in my ears. not sure what that is about.
    Same here today is the last day of prednisone, 5 days also went to the doc on the 29th! Haha but I actually got worse now i have cough and coughing out mucus which is chest congestion and sore throat now!! What i see is I get sick like at every start of the month December 1st week I got sick then got little better then 1 week of January got sick again and now again!!!! Don't know whats going on!!! I have a appointment with the doctor this Thursday with the results of my sinus xrays.. And going to tell him I'm sick again. I just don't want anti biotics because in January I took some already and don't want to do so again which its harmful for the immune system

Old 02-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
    gjb616
    (female)

gjb616 HB User

well i'm happy to say that the dizziness, headaches and pressure have all gone away and i hope and pray they stay away for good. ITs only been three days but what a difference in my quality of life. I'm still taking the zyrtec and I've been using the Ocean spray but thats about it.

Closed Thread