It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board

Extreme dry eyes

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
kiku1234
(female)

kiku1234 HB User
Extreme dry eyes

How do people cope with their extreme dry eyes. Mine hurt, burn, so dry that drops don't help and very hard to keep open because so tired. I can't do anything. The only remedy that worked - autologous tears - stopped working. It's hard to have a life. What do people do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
Soreyesdude
(male)

Soreyesdude HB User
Re: Extreme dry eyes

Very sorry that you have been experiencing this, definitely not nice
I'm not a health practitioner, but have had sever sore eye problems for 2.5 years, which gives me photophobia, migraines above the eyes and nausea. These work for me, but may not work for others.
Firstly, put a hot (Not boiling) wet face clothe on your eyes till the cloth has cooled. Even if you have no symptoms, doing this first thing in the morning and at night can help.
Secondly, if you haven't yet done so go to your Doctor.
I can post other things, if you like, but I have to go out now.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #3
Soreyesdude
(male)

Soreyesdude HB User
Re: Extreme dry eyes

Ok, just got back. Here is what I have learnt from my 2.5 years experience, maybe some of it could work for you:
Yes very hard if no remedy for the eyes, for relief.
Once, my eyes were in so much pain and I had to take my daughter sailing. I was soooo crook, (yes I shouldn't have driven) I just lay on the beach and covered my face, funny thing was, that after lying down for an hour just close to the sea, I had improved a lot. Maybe the salt air was good for my eyes? As well as breathing it? After that I put a tiny bit of sea salt with water (very diluted) and would put it in my eyes, that seemed to help a bit. After a few days throw the water away (it can go bad) and make some more. I ended up purchasing a small spray bottl, which meant I could also breath it.
I also put 100% coconut water in my eyes, seems to help a bit. This is a natural and good safe product for your eyes.
Also look at external things that can cause dry eyes, so that you might get it less. Use glasses instead of contact lenses. Avoid air conditioning units or heat pumps that dry out the air. Use glasses outside, to stop the wind drying them out and protect from suns UV. I purchased wrap around polariods . When I don't use these, I use a prescription glasses with no prescription lens, but has a auto tint. Could help give protection when reading electronic screens.
Next there may be a possibility that the dry eyes are caused by something else internally in your body.
For me it seems like my sweat turns to acid, it burns my eyes. This seems to happen more when I eat nightshade vegetables, swallow a tablet which has nightshade, or even a perfume which has it will cause it. So I had a allergen test done for $100 and it showed that I was intolerant to nightshades and msg and other things.

I also found that I can't do to much physical activity, otherwise, my eyes, burn and itch. Two days ago I purchased Dandelion tablets, they are supposed to be good for your immune system and liver. It could be possible that my liver is causing my dry eyes and fatigue. Since stopping night shades I have almost no all of body aches. I am now completely stopping wheat bread (I don't often eat it) and oats and buying a really nice tasting German Rye bread. Different doctors prescribed me anti depressants, but all of these made me sicker.

I hope something here may help you, I know what it's like to be so desperate and no one able to help. I'm just trying my best to survive and hardly work these days.
Also, I will go back to eating pure organic coconut oil. Eye used to wear prescription glasses, but after four months of eating that my vision has become almost 20/20, so I don't need them. You can also put it in your eyes before sleeping, wash it out first thing in the morning, because while it is in your eyes, it blurs the vision.
Maybe something here can help you?

Last edited by Administrator; 09-22-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Reply Reply