It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Red ITCHY rash on one leg Shin area in front

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
    michel708
    (female)

michel708 HB User
    Red ITCHY rash on one leg Shin area in front

Hi All,

I have a strange rash on my right shin. It started about two weeks after I fell and hurt the top part of my lower leg on a board. I fell inside and hit my leg on a finished board that we use oin the doorway to the living room to keep the dogs out while we arent home. I stepped over it and my sandal got caught and down the shin went onto the board hard. Doc siad I prob broke blood vessels but didnt do any other damage. While I was healing I noticed the lower part of my shin getting really flaky dry and I was afraid to put anything on it as the upper part was still numb, bruised and healing. Then the lower leg got pink and from there began to itch. I tried not to scratch but of course sometimes it itches so bad I cant stand it so I do. Finally it started to get almost a purplish raised rash. Went to the doc she said its dermatits and prescribed a cortisone cream. It still wasnt getting better and the itching was driving me nuts so she gave me a medrol dose pack (pred) that seems to help alot and improved the area that was raised and purple -is just a bit red now after that but it seems the itching is moving to other areas right around it. I think perhaps scratching it sometimes I am causing it to go to other areas. I am so afraid it will get worse so I called again today and she decided to put me on regular prednisone 40 mg a day for 5 days to see if that will calm the urge to scratch it and get it healed. Im just wondering if anyone has had this and how long it take to get rid of it. I think I may have caused it by letting the injured leg get so dry in the beginning as I was afraid to touch it. I couldn't do my pedicures or anything so I think I was afraid to put any kind of product on it at all. Never had anything like this before. Shouldnt it be gone by now. It has been really itchy for 2 weeks but red for two weeks before that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    dermatitis, itchy, leg, prednisone, rash