It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Extremely OILY DEHYDRATED skin and eyebrow hairloss.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
    jose77
    (male)

jose77 HB User
    Extremely OILY DEHYDRATED skin and eyebrow hairloss.

Hello, I really need help with my condition. I have not been able to find a solution to my problems. Here is what I am suffering from:

1. Extremely OILY DEHYDRATED face. After I wash my face and put on moisturizer, my skin feels very very tight. About 30 minutes later my skin is extremely oily, but still very tight and dehydrated. I looks awful, very leathery, huge pores, ect. All this time I thought I had dry skin, but according to many articles online the difference between dry and dehydrated skin is that dry skin does not produce oil, but dehydrated skin produces too much oil because it is lacking in water.

2. When ever I wash my face I can see white paste covering my eyebrows and my beard. I don't know if this is a mixture of oil and dead skin or something else. A couple of years ago I went to a dermatologist and he told me I have Seborrheic Dermatitis and prescribed Nizoral to use on my eyebrows and on my beard, but this did not help at all. I have also tried Tea Tree oil, ACV, Dead Sea Salt, and other dandruff shampoos and it does not help. I also have this paste on my scalp, I use Head & Shoulders shampoo, but it doesn't really get rid of the problem.

3. Every time I wash my face I lose eyebrow hairs. My eyebrow hairs are very weak and easily fall out. My beard hair is very brittle and dead looking, it resembles straw. I also have hair loss on my scalp. The rest of the hair on my body looks very thin and weak.

I have recently been using Cerave hydrating cleanser and Cerave moisturizing lotion, but I have not seen much improvement. My face still looks awful and dehydrated and I am still losing hair.

Does anyone have any advice or idea of what is going on and what I can do to help my dehydrated skin and hair problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Extremely OILY DEHYDRATED skin and eyebrow hairloss.

Hi there. First of all, Seborrheic Dermatitisprobably wont be treated with dandruff shampoo or any of the other things you mentioned. Its a chronic condition which doesnt usually go away. Sometimes needing cortisteroids to treat. Nizoral should help- how long did you try it for? It doesnt work overnight.

Secondly, its quite possible that you have something more medical going on than just dry skin. It could be your thyroid and it can also be deficiencies in certain vitamins. You probably want to talk to your doctor about doing a full blood panel to make sure everything is where it should be. I wouldnt be the least bit surrpised if it comes back with some lows in the B areas, D areas and possibly in your thyroid.

Youre correct about dehydrated skin. Usually people who live in the desert climate will have this....not getting enough moisture, is not cured by putting on moisturizer with oils in it...Oils, do not penetrate the skin and they stay on top...for dry skin, this is okay because it puts a barrier on your skin and locks in the mositure inside..if you are dehydrated, you dont have that mositure. The products you recommended both have oils in them. Be wary of them if you have oily skin.

You want to get rid of the oil, wihtout overdrying the skin. A dermatologist can prescribe you cleansers which can make a huge difference. There is very little over the counter cleansers which will help. You could try using a a cleanser and mositurizer for sensitve skin...they are PH balanced and wont strip the skin...Neurtrogena makes a good line of them.

Your best advice is to see a dermtologist for your overall skin health. Something is going on with your eyebrows and beard. It could be yeast- it could be Seborrheic Dermatitis or it may be something completely thyroid related, but you wont know until you get it checked out.

Good luck!

Last edited by MSNik; 12-16-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    dehydrated, eyebrows, hairloss, oily skin