It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• How can I get rid of warts?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-28-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
    KgirlT
    (female)

KgirlT HB User
    How can I get rid of warts?

About 4 years ago I developed a large plantar wart on my foot. Since then I have also developed 3 warts on my hands. I am 28 years old and never had warts as a child.

Anyway, I am worried because none of my warts are leaving. I have tried over the counter treatments including the freeze treatments, but I don't think they're even penetrating into the wart.

Yesterday my most painful hand wart lifted up because it got caught on something. It now looks like the root is half pulled out and there is a kind of hole underneath it. But I can't pull it out completely because it is extremely painful and it bled a lot. So instead I tried shoving some salicylic acne treatment into the hole in the hope that it will kill the wart. Might this work?

I have just moved to the US and don't yet have very good medical insurance to see a doctor. Does anyone have any more home remedies I can try? I am worried about developing even more if I can't get rid of these.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: How can I get rid of warts?

It is probably not going to help - the treatment you tried. If the wart is half off, it needs to be removed medically. You could try going to a walk in clinic...it wont cost as much as an emergency room.
    Plantar Warts dont usually react to the over the counter stuff, they are too deep. You are potentially going to wind up with an infection with the one which is open on your foot. I would seek medical advice for that.

In the meantime, the only way to remove the ones on your hands is to have them frozen off by a dermatolgoist. Possibly a walk in clinic can help. I dont know for sure...Warts are virus's and they spread. If you want to get rid of them completely, the root needs to be removed professionally.

Good luck. Please see a doctor so your foot doesnt get infected!

Old 04-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
    rebecca70
    (female)

rebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB User

Try taping a cut clove of fresh garlic over the wart. If you can't do it in the daytime, do it at night.In a few days you will probably see the wart shrink until gone.
    This worked for me and my dermatologist agreed as garlic is a natural source ofantibiotic

Old 04-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
    mmisty
    (female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

Keep the area clean & wash your hands after touching warts! Try duct tape on your foot. Pare off dead skin with exacto knife if possible. On hands put clear nail polish (don't put on anything else),

Reply Reply

Tags
    painful, plantar, treatment, wart