It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Itchy Skin Rash

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #1
    Nix13
    (female)

Nix13 HB User
    Unhappy Itchy Skin Rash

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I've been having. I developed a skin rash (tiny bumps that were a little itchy), without any swelling, on my lower face about a few weeks ago. I didn't think anything of it since there were no other symptoms. It took about a week for it to go away. This last Friday (7/15) I went to the beach and was out in the sun for about 4 hours. I got a pretty bad sunburn, probably second degree. I started putting silver sulfadiazine cream 1% on it on 7/17.

On 7/18 I started getting a rash on my lower face. I woke up on 7/19 with my whole face swollen, even my lips and eyes, and the rash was on my whole face, neck, and chest. The rash is very itchy, which I try not to scratch, only rub lightly to alleviate it a little. This morning when I woke up (7/20), things were the same. My whole face and neck still has a rash and is swollen. I'm not having trouble breathing, but I have had to clear my throat a little more than usual. I didn't eat anything that I haven't eaten before. I don't know what to do except to stay away from what I ate that first day, which I did the next day, but it didn't help the rash go away.

I don't have medical insurance so I can't go see a doctor for this without having to pay $150 at the urgent care place. I've thought about it, but it hasn't gotten serious enough to make my breathing difficult, plus there are so many things someone can be allergic to, so I doubt how/if they could help me anyway. I've tried eczema and benadryl cream, but neither has helped the rash go away.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    itching rash, rash on face