It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

Cannot figure out what this is all over body.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #1
KevinC19
(male)

KevinC19 HB User
Cannot figure out what this is all over body.

Hello, my name is Kevin and I am here on behalf of my girl and myself.

I met my girlfriend 8 months ago and she had small spots on her arm and back. She said she thought it was a symptom of candidates overgrowth and was working on a diet to help fight it but it wasn't working.
She saw a regular family doctor who didn't seem to be much help. They said it was ringworm but their ringworm medicines didn't work.

I thought it was ringworm and tried to fix it with selsum blue, which has fixed my ringworm in the past. It didn't help.

I got a big ring on my wrist soon after I met her and could not get it to go away.

When I started dousing it in tee tree oil 3x a day after about 4 weels, it went away after treating for 2 weeks straight, 3x a day.

Her doctor took a sample of her skin and said the results came back with ringworm.

When I started getting it on my lower abdomen, I went in to my derm and they took a sample. My derm said it was eczema.

She gave me clobetasol ointment and it didn't work.
It seemed to have helped my girlfriend with the redness temporarily but that's it.

It has been about a year for her and it's spread to her face.
Her insurance expired after leaving her job and she hasn't had the ability to get new insurance so we have to wait for enrollment period to open before going further with that.

Neither of our doctors have been any help and we are pretty frustrated. Her back looks pretty heavily covered in these weird rings that grow and grow until finally turning into a large light colored patch. In some of these photos you can see newer red rings on top of older faded ones.

I posted some photos in photo bucket here: http://s349.photobucket.com/user/kevinc82/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

If anyone has any idea what we can do or need to do, please tell us! We have tried several ointments and treatments with no luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Adamom
(female)

Adamom HB User
Re: Cannot figure out what this is all over body.

Did you ever figure it out? I had very similar..I also have an autoimmune disease similar to lupus. First dermatologist insisted they rings were ringworm and refused to biopsy any of them. She said some ringworm fungus has become drug resistant to OTC creams, which I had tried diligently for over a year! She gave me newer and very very expensive prescription cream. Some faded. Second opinion derm did biopsies at the first appt. Not ringworm at all. "Nummular eczema". Maybe you and your girlfriend have two different things.

Reply Reply

Tags
dermatology, disease, eczema, ringworm, skin