It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Severe stinging itch

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
    Mayara
    (female)

Mayara HB User
    Severe stinging itch

Hello, my name is Mayara, 26 years old, female, from Brazil.
    I need help, can't tolerate my problem anymore.
    Ever since I was a child I've had severe itching after my skin is frictioned, scratched or put pression on.
    The itching is certainly abnormal, I feel like dozens of bees were biting the area which suffered the friction.
    The crises happen mainly after showers, after shaving my legs, after getting dressed, when I wear tight clothes, after sitting on the toilet (from the pressure) or simply when someone caresses me. Getting my skin scratched accidentally is a nightmare , I can't possibly get an exfoliation , I think I would literally die if it happened. The itching starts about 2 minutes after the skin gets irritated, and lasts from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I've also had experienced itchiness during a whole day.
    My skin itches so much, it feels like it's burning and stinging. I get to the point of losing my mind. I scream, cry, jump, walk up and down, because it's desperating and unbearable. I would much rather feel strong pain than this horrible itch.
    The appearance of the skin doesn't change, apparently of you look at it, it seems normal , it's not a rash, it doesn't get reddish , it's not urticaria .
    It interferes directly on my quality of life, I get anxious, nervous and irritable, and can't do normal things other people do without any problem. I need extra minutes or hours after showers , because I can't simply get dressed after them, or the crises will be worse. Can't go for a swim at the beach or pool, can't wear certain clothes, can't even have proper intimacy with my boyfriend.
    Doctors don't know what my problem is, I've tried extra moisturizing, antihistamine medicines, corticoid , allergy remedies , like Allegra, but none of these have helped.
    Does anyone have the same problem or have any idea of what it might be?
    I am desperate , can't live like this anymore.
    Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply