It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Skin bumps/New Tattoo

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-21-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
    jd6370
    (male)

jd6370 HB User
    Question Skin bumps/New Tattoo

I got a new Tattoo last week on my upper left arm. They had to shave the arm in order to make sure there were no stray hairs anywhere.

I have followed the directions from the tattoo artist and clean the site with Dial Gold soap 3 times a day. I have applied the stuff they gave me to help in the healing process.

The combination of ingredients are : Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Shea butter, Vitamin E, Lavender Essential Oil and Rosemary Essential Oil.

Aound the outside of the tattoo area are these red bumps. THEY ITCH LIKE CRAZY!!! But, because of the location of these bumps, so close to the tattoo, I am refraining from scratching them.

I usually have it covered with a loose fitting tshirt, usually cotton or a blend. I have never experienced these bumps.

Could this be an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients of the stuff they gave me, or the soap? Or is it as the tattoo artist said and they are from the shaving part?

Any help would be good.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Skin bumps/New Tattoo

If they are just bumps and they do not itch, it is probably from the shaving...if you are itching or if you are swelling abnormally and/ or have a rash, it would be an allergic reaction to the stuff you are putting on it.

I might suggest that you change the ointment you are keeping on it to plain old coconut oil. Look for cold pressed virgin coconut oil in the supermarket. It comes in a solid white form, which will turn to liquid as it touches your warm body or fingers. Use this to keep the area moist. Coconut oil has moisturizing and antimicrobial properties and is what I have always used on my Tattoos. This way you are not irritating the area with any essential oils which do cause some people rashes/ itching.

If it is simply red bumps, try not to scratch and write it off as hair follicles which are growing back.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
    jd6370
    (male)

jd6370 HB User
    Re: Skin bumps/New Tattoo

Great. Thank you. I appreciate it. Will give it a try and report back.

Reply Reply

Tags
    skin allergies, skin bumps