It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

Itchy skin

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
jotero48
(male)

jotero48 HB User
Itchy skin

Hi I'm 27 and for the past few years I've been itching all over my body like crazy. I have like red pimples in the areas that itch. The itching feels like small animals crawling in my skin. Even inside NY ears I feel something walking inside of it. My face itches and around the mouth. My legs and genital areas itch. I don't know what to do. Please anyone that knows about please tell me. Also this comes and go but I have for long periods of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
Airycarrie
(female)

Airycarrie HB User
Re: Itchy skin

I would use Aveeno Oatmeal bath treatments and also take Benadryl as dosing indicates at night. I use genetic Eucerin cream, too; its clean (no perfumey stuff) and medicated. Good luck to you. Feel better!!

Old 03-18-2017, 06:28 AM   #3
jotero48
(male)

jotero48 HB User

[QUOTE=Airycarrie;5452860]I would use Aveeno Oatmeal bath treatments and also take Benadryl as dosing indicates at night. I use genetic Eucerin cream, too; its clean (no perfumey stuff) and medicated. Good luck to you. Feel better!![/QUOTE]

What if that doesn't help?

Old 12-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #4
32skater
(female)

32skater HB User

I am going through similar problems; mine started a year ago last August, soon to be 2 years. I have had body itching of every kind and it has taken over my life. I tried many medications and seen dermatologists often. They are baffled! I have tried light therapy and cannot handle; and had a Kenalog shot unfortunately caused more problems of side effects. Now, it is full blast and don't know what to do next! Tried it all; Aveeno for baths, changed laundry detergents; and even medications. No avail and getting desperate. Feel very sorry for you as well!

Old 03-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
ang2
(female)

ang2 HB User

I sympathize with you.
Went through all that you mentioned without success for the past 2 yrs.. after having colon surgery X 2.
I currently had 2 iron infusions for iron deficiency .
I also had 2 infusions 1 yr. ago.
The Hematologist believes that the iron may be connected with the itching so I'm hopeful as it is torturous , up all night scratching.
I'm also experiencing ocular migraine headaches much more frequently than in the past.
The Hematologist believes that this may also be involved as it robs the organs of oxygen.
Hopefully, she is on the right track for info !
Best to you.

Last edited by ang2; 03-04-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #6
BettyB
(female)

BettyB HB User

This is one of the most irritating things to go through. I suffer with a severely itchy scalp/face mainly at night time. Try garnier ultimate blends shampoo and conditioner for sensitive scalp and skin i believe its in a white bottle. I use this as a shower gel over my main itchy areas like behind the neck and lower back. I also change my bedding like a loon every other day and moisturize religiously. Hope this helps, really did me when its unbearable just jump in the shower! Xx

Old 03-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #7
ang2
(female)

ang2 HB User

Thank you for all good suggestions, have tried all.
I went to 2 different dermatologist, both did skin biopsies.
Remains a puzzle.

Reply Reply