HealthBoards (
-   Skin Problems (
-   -   What the heck is this rash? How do I get it to go away? (

albalb 03-27-2018 12:15 AM

What the heck is this rash? How do I get it to go away?
Going on for about two years now I've had this red, lacy rash on my cheekbones. It's recently gotten worse. I can feel it flare up multiple times throughout the day because all of the sudden my cheeks will feel like they're on fire, I'll look in the mirror and they'll be bright red. The skin sometimes raises, and has little water filled bumps. I also started suffering from larger water filled like acne around the same time this rash appeared.

I've been prescribed hydrocortisone, Eucrisa, and some other common cream I can't remember and nothing works! It might help a little but it always comes back. One dermatologist said it might be early rosacea but one side of my face is waaay worse. The pattern changes, and is inconsistent.

I've even tried an all natural holy grail product people with rosacea swear by and it didn't work.

Before the rash and acne appeared, I started to suffer from some possible autoimmune symptoms, joint pain, fatigue. It's possible that it's related but I just want to know how to get rid of the rash, and my acne. Both are incredibly uncomfortable.

My acne, which only ever arrives around my period but takes an entire month to heal makes my face ache, and my cheeks look like they've been slapped and burn badly.

I almost forgot to mention when I was younger I had a fungal rash on my cheeks which I don't remember how it looked, it didn't feel the way this does, but is it possible it's something similar?

Thea17 04-04-2018 07:44 PM

Re: What the heck is this rash? How do I get it to go away?
Lacy, dotty-looking rashes can often be mild fungal infections. A very effective treatment for many fungal infections of the skin is Lotrimin Ultra. Make sure you get the "ultra" kind, it has a different imgredient than the regular kind.

You can also try various anti-dandruff shampoos on your skin. Although these haven't worked for me, I know they have for others.

MSNik 04-05-2018 05:03 AM

Re: What the heck is this rash? How do I get it to go away?
Have you been checked for autoimmune diseases? You might want to go to a Rheumatologist- sometimes rashes like this are from Lupus. Your primary doctor can run some blood work on you; but a Rheumy might be your best bet for making sure you dont have a hidden Auto immune disorder.

ladybud 04-05-2018 03:52 PM

Re: What the heck is this rash? How do I get it to go away?
A dermatologist can biopsy the rash, but MUST do a lupus band test to check for autoimmune rash. Without that, the biopsy is useless. The combination of a rheum and derm consult is your best bet, with blood tests and a skin biopsy.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 PM.