It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Small red bumps in folds of nose. WON'T GO AWAY! HELP!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
    Palesensitive
    (female)

Palesensitive HB User
    Unhappy Small red bumps in folds of nose. WON'T GO AWAY! HELP!!

I started noticing a cluster of small red bumps under my nose around December. The bumps are filled with orange liquid and if left to their own devices dry up and go all scaly and dry. They can also itch and sting at their worse.

They seemed to be spreading and getting worse so I went to a doctor. They couldn't tell me a straight answer other than it could be to do with Candida. (I had been having a lot of issues with thrush prior to this so was on weekly flucozole(sp?) But worrying it was this that was causing my bump outbreak, I stopped taking them.)

The doctor put me on a cream, Daktacort. This was back in February .... I used it twice a day for round about 5-6 weeks. It seemed to help the majority of my rash bumps go down but the skin around my nose was still red and I would still get the occasional bump. So not a full cure.

I then read I shouldn't really be using the cream longer than two weeks and panicked and threw it in the bin to stop myself using it more. I had read about perioral dermatitis and convinced myself I had this (still am) and read that creams with steroids used too much actually cause the bumps to get worse after you stop using them. Low and behold, as soon as I stopped the bumps came back aggressively.

I went back to the doctor and saw a nurse. I told him what I thought I had and he basically laughed at me saying 'saying that is just like saying someone is ill. It's not a diagnosis.' And he then put me back on the Daktacort, saying the steroids in it were so mild that they wouldn't damage my skin long term.

He booked me in to see a doctor in 2 weeks. I used the cream. The bumps went away ... I stopped using the cream. They came back. I then saw the doctor for that 2 week appointment I had been booked in for. He told me the same, that I could use the Daktacort because it was mild or I could also use Canesten. I already had that from my previous thrush problems so I put that on my face for the next few days ....bumps continued to form. One new one appearing each day and old ones not going anywhere ..... canesten does nothing!

So now I'm crawling back to my Daktacort which I hate because it never really gets rid of the problem. Just masks it for a bit.
    This is where I'm at currently.

So I will fill in background details on what I use on my skin.
    I'll admit I wear foundation and moistrisers. But the moisturiser I'm using is oil free and recommended by the doctor and I avoid putting make up under the folds of my nose.

Though I noticed even on days I don't wear make up the bumps would still form.

I have tried everything from smearing zinc and castor oil nappy cream on my face to taking Candida complex tablets 2 times a day and nothing seems to be helping! This has been going on for so long now and I'm starting to get upset.

If anyone can help me out please do because I'm fed up of researching solutions with no results

Thank you xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Small red bumps in folds of nose. WON'T GO AWAY! HELP!!

Hello. Is the doctor you are seeing a dermatologist? You should listen to him...and keep using the cream he has prescribed...if he isnt a dermatologist, find one and get a second opinion.

Stop using castor oil, zinc and anything besides the prescription on your skin...zinc could be causing it to get worse, castor oil is very bad for your skin, even though it is excellent for hair. It clogs the pores and its recommended for breakouts or any type of pustules.

Keep doing what the doctor has told you to do. Candida, which is a type of fungus or yeast, is very hard to get rid of...foods with sugars will aggravate it, so avoid sugar as much as possible.

Good luck!

Old 04-21-2018, 03:35 AM   #3
    Palesensitive
    (female)

Palesensitive HB User

Hi, no the doctor wasn't a dermatologist. I asked to get a referral but he said he didn't think I needed one.
    I only used the zinc castor oil for about 2 days when I realised it didn't help. Only thing using now is the Daktacort which has miconazole nitrate and hydrocortisone in. I'm going to try Daktorin as that only has the miconazole in and hopefully that helps. But just tofay even with using the cream 5 new bumps have come up overnight.
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It was hot yesyerday. Maybe that was it?

Thank you for your help. I will try and stay away from sugar, though that migjt be the tricky bit!

Old 06-09-2018, 08:38 AM   #4
    L M16
    (female)

L M16 HB User

Check for biotin deficiency!!! I tried all of the remedies, before seeing another post that said exactly this, and I looked into it, and found that was exactly the case!! I Have been eating biotin for three days, and taking a b-complex, and my face is healing before my eyes!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-09-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Reply Reply