It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board

• Recovering from mystery skin disease

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-29-2018, 12:46 AM   #1
    ND7377
    (female)

ND7377 HB User
    Recovering from mystery skin disease

About 5 years ago I transmitted some kind of monster skin infection when my body was immunocompromised. People thought I was crazy, and I was dismissed by doctors as a skin picker, when there were literally boils just breaking open at the slightest touch on my face. Sometimes I wouldnít even touch my face, and areas would just break/blister open and bleed: one time is I was at work just typing on the computer and blood started dripping down my face because my cheek had burst open and I hadnít even touched it. The lesions were occurring in the same 6 areas on my face: my forehead in between my eyes, the bridge of my nose leading into the skin between the left side of my nose & my left cheek, my left cheek near my ear, my chin and occasionally my right cheek, but it wasnít as severe as the other areas such as my chin, nose & and my left cheek. The infections would come and go, but they never truely healed. I was finally diagnosed with bacterial cellulitis but I now believe that might have been just a byproduct of something deeper beneath the surface, considering infection kept coming back in the same spots. I was put on IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics, and took countless herbal supplements and creams and it finally healed the infections enough to where I felt well enough to function normally again.

Fast forward a year and a half ago, I started getting numerous scar treatment revisions, from laser to *** treatments, and the scars in the aforementioned areas began to heal, but it still felt like there were hard nodules under the areas where the chronic infections once persisted. There seemed to be a linear trail connecting the scars were. The doctor I went to for my scar revision techniques even said the scars on my face were very unique & that he hadnít really seen anything like it before.

Fast forward to the present year, I have had almost a constant peeling for about 6 months in areas of my face that I thought were ďpermanent scars from a Mrsa infectionĒ. The areas where the scarring was are even scabbing, tiny scabs that form a linear patterns, sometimes zig-zagged patterns, in some spots, like there was something beneath the surface that hadnít totally been cured/resolved/died off, and was finally dying. Now I can peel the skin without worrying about my face breaking open, but it seems as if my skin is trying to push out some sort of a foreign body that was residing under my skin and was manifesting as skin lesions caused by bacteria, making it hard to diagnose the real issue.

I was reading online about Lymphocutaneous (infecting the lymph network) and Cutaneous larva migrans, Candida infections that progress to a fungal stage, and even rare instances where tapeworms infect cutaneously. Because all of these things manifest as non healing red ulcers or chronic boils in a linear pattern and stay in the SAME locations on the skin and can also persist for years and because they weaken the surrounding tissue can cause secondary infections such as impetigo and cellulitis. I ask because I feel, though itís embarrassing to think about, that maybe it was parasitic or fungal and the skin infection was a secondary symptom, because I had other physical symptoms that made me feel lterrible: for years I found it impossible to get out of bed in the morning, my stool looked not right at all. Honestly it looked monsterous, not normal in the least bit. I donít have the photos to show to a professional any more unfortunately as I know they can tell a lot from stool. I had little to no appetite, and couldnít keep weight on though I forced myself to eat.

I should have seen a parasitologist from the start, I wish I could have talked to someone when it was happening who knew EXACTLY what it was. Maybe they could have saved me from half the hell I endured. The arrangement of the way the lesions protruded from beneath the skin seemed too organized beneath the surface to be simply bacterial.

Now the skin is healed, like I said, and I am feeling better each day. But the areas where the scars were are peeling off almost in a linear pattern as they heal, and the peeling is in parallel lines, which I donít think would happen in skin that was healing from something that was just bacterial, as bacteria infects tissue in an unorganized pattern, not in consistent, parallel lines that form a linear pattern under where the infection persisted. Also, there is a LOT of dead skin, or dead/die off from something :-/

Last edited by Administrator; 06-29-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2018, 06:33 AM   #2
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Re: Recovering from mystery skin disease

has anyone mentioned HS?

Reply Reply